OT Talking Cheerleading With A Non Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 5, 2011
Last night I was at my grandmas house and I had the fun experience of talking to some elderly ladies. The conversation somehow came up that I cheered and would be cheering for college next year and I ended up in THAT conversation. They had no knowledge of the sport or what anything was called. (As was expected.) I ended up laughing to myself afterwords thinking about all the funny things they had said. Any funny stories about talking to someone who doesn't know cheerleading?

When my daughter called my mom and told her she was cheerleading the conversation went something like this...

Grandma I'm a cheerleader.
Great! For football?
No, I'm doing All Star.
Is that basketball?
No Grandma, it's cheerleading.
I know but, who are you cheering for?
______ ______
Is that the football team?
No, that's my gym's name.
Is that with the YMCA or something?
.....nevermind Grandma.

I finally got a decent picture of my toe touch basket freshman year during the routine. I always look terrified when I fly. I always have. I can't help it. I smile but in baskets its just not there... Me and my mom were so proud and my mom put it on Facebook and my grandma, my aunt, and a few of my moms friends commented on it and said "Well that's not very lady like." ..... Oh... Ok:oops:

I finally got a decent picture of my toe touch basket freshman year during the routine. I always look terrified when I fly. I always have. I can't help it. I smile but in baskets its just not there... Me and my mom were so proud and my mom put it on Facebook and my grandma, my aunt, and a few of my moms friends commented on it and said "Well that's not very lady like." ..... Oh... Ok:oops:
Oh no! That's the moment you're just like....but I tried really hard...I thought I was fierce. Betcha they couldn't do it though! ;)

Back