All-Star Tanning Beds Vs Spray Tanning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP's now have a tanning bed thanks to their Paw Paw. I'm hoping once she get's the color she wants to be that it'll only take 2 or 3 days a week to maintain it.

As far as to why I think there are so many more tan threads lately is the influx of so much white into uniforms over the years.
I saw little bits picture of it on Instagram the other day and got so jealous...that's so much better than paying a monthly fee!

Where i live you have to be 16 to tan, but if you are under you must have a parent with you on every visit and they have to sign for you. I started when I was 16, which I believe is a good age, because I drove my self there and I only tanned like 3 times a week so it wasn't that intense.

Also has anyone done a 'versa' tan? I've been wondering how well it works or doesn't work!
I've done Versa and really liked it! it was very natural looking and faded evenly which is obviously rare for spray tan. the only thing i would say is if you're planning on using it for competition and are naturally pretty fair (i am) make sure you have time for go twice if you're using the lower level of tan because it was natural but not as deep as i wanted! and they recommend not using the darker tan if youre really white to avoid looking fake

I use a tanning bed. I started around 16 probably. I've gone off and on and I'm 21 now.

I started when I was 16 and I'm 18 now. I recommend doing both. Usually about a week and a half before a competition I'll start tanning in the beds everyday, and then I'll get a spray tan the day before I leave. I've gotten a versa before and loved it, but it seemed to sweat off onto my uniform. I recently got a mystic spray tan and had the triple bronze boost added and loved it.

You don't smoke, right? Why? Cause it causes cancer. So what's the difference?

Completely agree with what you said, it is quite scary and everyone should spray more than they tan. But I'm going to play Devil's advocate and just say that we all have our vices. We all know the dangers of tanning, as well as smoking, drinking, and casual...hanky-panky...but sadly, that doesn't stop most people from doing them.

Completely agree with what you said, it is quite scary and everyone should spray more than they tan. But I'm going to play Devil's advocate and just say that we all have our vices. We all know the dangers of tanning, as well as smoking, drinking, and casual...hanky-panky...but sadly, that doesn't stop most people from doing them.

I understand what you're saying, but what would you think if the same parents who allow young teens to tan allowed them to smoke and drink as well? Even paid for it and drove them to it? Everyone has their vices?

I wouldn't enable my daughter to use a tanning bed anymore than I would buy her a carton of cigarettes. I can't imagine the guilt I would feel if she got skin cancer as a result of the choices I made for her when I was responsible for her care. We have gotten great results from versa, mystic and air brushing. Why even take the risk?

Okay, reading through this thread scared me! Here in England you have to be 18 to use a tanning bed. Even at this age it is often frowned upon and although I do use them..it isn't very often. I have to say that there is a LOT of pressure in the USA to use them since most people there are tanned. I look tanned over here, go to worlds and look like a milk bottle next to everyone else. They are so dangerous combined with the sun...p.s. you all have a HOT sun that can tan you enough to last the winter..use it..it is safer!!

Rant over..use spray tan for competitions and tan in the summer in your garden :)

I vote spray tans! I always get them for competitions. You get the same beautiful color without the dangers of the tanning bed.

My mom doesn't even let me tan in the sun in the summer, I put on sunscreen ALL THE TIME and she won't let me lay out, if I'm not swimming she wants me to be under an umbrella or something. She's really paranoid about the whole skin cancer thing - not wrongfully so. She would never let me go to a tanning bed, but I don't want to... I get tan easily naturally, even with sunscreen, although I'm really pale in the winter. We considered spray tanning when I did allstar but after seeing my friend turn orange and people calling her oompa loompa (they still do, 4 years later...) we never did it. So I'm blindingly pale in all my cheer pics :D Pale and proud of it! Some of my friends go to tanning beds and I honestly worry about them, they're like addicted and I'm afraid they're going to get skin cancer.
side note - my dermatologist told me that people think that the sun will clear up your skin, but it really won't and it's just damaging it for the future. she told me not to tan and to always wear sunscreen because not doing so isn't going to make my skin better... reading through this thread, it seems that dermatologists need to agree on some things.

Back