High School Team Communication

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 10, 2015
Just curious if any of you have used TeamSnap for Teams, Leagues, Clubs and Associations | Home | TeamSnap

I have used Remind101 to send out group messages for the last two years. This website, and the associated ios and android apps seem to have a lot more functionality. It tracks payments and does tracking for random stuff (sports physicals, forms, etc), it allows you to enter the team calendar and people can download?

It costs $90 for the season for me to get full functionality with enough space for all of my athletes and coaches. I just want to make sure it's going to be worth it. Have any of you used this or anything else like it?

I use group me for everything (cheer team, group projects, work stuff) and it works really well!

I use GroupMe during the season and Remind for the offseason. That way no one can contact me directly on my personal phone. :) I believe the version I'm using is free? The athletes just text a name I provide to a specific #..

Each of our teams has a Facebook group with the coaches and a team mom as Admins and the gym owners also use Remind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of this before. It sounds awesome, I don't know if it would be awesome enough for that price though.

We use remind 101 for cheerleaders & parents for last minute reminders or updates, love it because they can't text back! (technically they can but I tell them they can't and do not check the messages on there)

Use group me for the cheerleaders to chat back and forth.

Facebook/Instagram/twitter for pictures and general reminders. iMessenger and DM's of course for random messages or sharing videos privately with stunt groups, etc.

Gmail for emails and documents (google drive.)

And lastly we have a website for our calendar, fundraisers, forms, sign ups, and any other bigger things. I would say the website gets used the least, but may be the most important.

The program you mentioned seems to put all of that into one, which I like. What I like about facebook, etc more though that TeamSnap doesn't offer is that it's convenient. Everyone has it, no one is going out of their way to get it or keep up with it. A fellow coach one year recommended a team message board and raved about how it worked for her program. We paid for the service and tried it. After the initial set up, the message board was easier for me to have it all there. Turned out to be more of a headache than it was worth. It was like pulling teeth to get everyone to check the board and stay up on new info. After a couple of months I quit on it and went back to our other ways. I would be afraid to pay for this service and not like, have the team & parents not use it, or find out that I'm paying for a service that is basically free everywhere else. Maybe it's just me but we have kids and parents that can barely go out of their way or pay attention long enough to sign up for remind101.

Would love to hear about it though if anyone has used it!

I've never heard of this before. It sounds awesome, I don't know if it would be awesome enough for that price though.

We use remind 101 for cheerleaders & parents for last minute reminders or updates, love it because they can't text back! (technically they can but I tell them they can't and do not check the messages on there)

Use group me for the cheerleaders to chat back and forth.

Facebook/Instagram/twitter for pictures and general reminders. iMessenger and DM's of course for random messages or sharing videos privately with stunt groups, etc.

Gmail for emails and documents (google drive.)

And lastly we have a website for our calendar, fundraisers, forms, sign ups, and any other bigger things. I would say the website gets used the least, but may be the most important.

The program you mentioned seems to put all of that into one, which I like. What I like about facebook, etc more though that TeamSnap doesn't offer is that it's convenient. Everyone has it, no one is going out of their way to get it or keep up with it. A fellow coach one year recommended a team message board and raved about how it worked for her program. We paid for the service and tried it. After the initial set up, the message board was easier for me to have it all there. Turned out to be more of a headache than it was worth. It was like pulling teeth to get everyone to check the board and stay up on new info. After a couple of months I quit on it and went back to our other ways. I would be afraid to pay for this service and not like, have the team & parents not use it, or find out that I'm paying for a service that is basically free everywhere else. Maybe it's just me but we have kids and parents that can barely go out of their way or pay attention long enough to sign up for remind101.

Would love to hear about it though if anyone has used it!

I bit the bullet on it.

I'll let you know how it works out.

I've got a pre-season parent meeting Monday.

It syncs the teamsnap calendar to your phone calendar as well. So when I make changes people know.

I've got an administrative assistant who says she already had an account because her son's travel soccer team uses it.

I bit the bullet on it.

I'll let you know how it works out.

I've got a pre-season parent meeting Monday.

It syncs the teamsnap calendar to your phone calendar as well. So when I make changes people know.

I've got an administrative assistant who says she already had an account because her son's travel soccer team uses it.
I look forward to your review!

We are trying a new app this year.

Team App

Completely free. you can message, post schedules, reminders, post photos, give locations of where and when certain events are taking place, sends push notifications and reminders to your phone, and even take attendance.

Really excited to give this one a go
Team App - Your Team, Your App. Create an iPhone and Android app for free for your sporting club.
We used this one for part of this year. It seemed pretty cool, but notifications and messages on there kind of fizzled out around January. Idk if we're even still using it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back