All-Star 5 Hour drive to the one open team near me

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2023
I`m aged out of all the senior team,(24) And I don't know if any of the gyms near me will have an open team, is it worth it to travel 5 hours just to go to a gym that for sure has one?

If it’s important enough for you to drive 5 hours every practice, then I guess. It probably not doable just because of gas prices and if you work and your practice ends at 9 you’d get home way too late. Honestly probably not worth it. Check out any gyms closer that might have an open team. (Call them to ask)
I would say try not to go to a gym that is more than an hour and a half away. If being on this specific open team means so much then if possible you could somehow figure out how to move closer. I know some people have moved for cheer so it’s not that crazy.

If it’s important enough for you to drive 5 hours every practice, then I guess. It probably not doable just because of gas prices and if you work and your practice ends at 9 you’d get home way too late. Honestly probably not worth it. Check out any gyms closer that might have an open team. (Call them to ask)
I would say try not to go to a gym that is more than an hour and a half away. If being on this specific open team means so much then if possible you could somehow figure out how to move closer. I know some people have moved for cheer so it’s not that crazy.
The gym closest to me might have an open team but I`m a complete beginner so it would take a while for me to get the skills for a level 6 team.

The gym closest to me might have an open team but I`m a complete beginner so it would take a while for me to get the skills for a level 6 team.
Oh ok. I would say if you love the sport a lot and it’s doable cost wise and time wise, then go for the 5 hour gym! If it’s not, that’s ok, maybe keep working in a gym nearby in a tumbling class/stunt classes! Just make sure your ready to drive that much every week and for extra practices too.

Why not try the open gyms closer to you and contact them to see what they could offer. Maybe they are planning a new team or will have some ideas you haven’t thought of.
They said they might do a level 6 open team but thats all I know so far

Back