All-Star Team Philanthropy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see you have posted several spots. Could you perhaps share some of the details in how your organization raises money for breast cancer. What portion goes directly to patient care and research?

What percent of your annual income goes to breast cancer services verses overhead and administrative fees? What do you do with donations? Funding for women's healthcare/breast exams? research?

Sorry don't mean to sound offensive! I would love to help out just want to cross my t's and dot my i's so to speak.

ANYONE LOOKING AT THIS. I went to the web site which brings you to Breast Cancer Charities of America (which interestingly I routinely get telemarketing calls from often even though I have requested to be removed from their calling list). I also did a search of this charity. Before working with this group I would do a search on them. Here is one of several articles. Critics questioning fundraising, spending tactics of Breast Cancer Charities of America in The Woodlands | abc13.com

Sadly many charities operate on s similar basis. If your program wants team philanthropy find a local program you can help.

Want to find some shocking details. Anytime you get a call for a charity ask how much of every dollar raised actually goes to the charity. It is surprisingly low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course! 89% of all cost allocations go back to our program services. The total numbers and ratios are listed and determined by an independent auditor and reported on The Breast Cancer Charities of America's 990. The charity provides education, financial assistance, medical missions, and beauty bags to breast cancer patients.

What percent of your annual income goes to breast cancer services verses overhead and administrative fees? What do you do with donations? Funding for women's healthcare/breast exams? research?

Sorry don't mean to sound offensive! I would love to help out just want to cross my t's and dot my i's so to speak.

Of course! I would love to share what we do! We’re passionate about truly helping women, mind body and spirit. Our programs allow us to educate on prevention, financially assist those battling breast cancer, make women feel beautiful again, get necessary supplies to developing countries, and even make a difference in our own community.

For details on all of our program services and where we help, please take a look at our website www.igopink.com

ANYONE LOOKING AT THIS. I went to the web site which brings you to Breast Cancer Charities of America (which interestingly I routinely get telemarketing calls from often even though I have requested to be removed from their calling list). I also did a search of this charity. Before working with this group I would do a search on them. Here is one of several articles. Critics questioning fundraising, spending tactics of Breast Cancer Charities of America in The Woodlands | abc13.com

Mom2Cheergirls, Please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would love to assist you. A third party company helps us in educational calling and outreach. I can assist in removing your name from their calling list. Feel free to email or call me directly.

Unfortunately, the organization was the target of a malicious attack several years ago (please remember, not everything you read online is true). Our financials have always and will always be open to the public, transparent, and determined by an independent auditor. The charity educates on prevention and survivorship, it helps breast cancer patients remain in their homes, it keeps the lights on, it shares hope through our beauty bags, it reaches women in third world countries... The organization is forthright in all that we do. We focus on individuals. We make a real difference in the lives of breast cancer patients on a day to day basis. If given the opportunity, I would love to share more about how and where we help!

Mom2Cheergirls, Please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would love to assist you. A third party company helps us in educational calling and outreach. I can assist in removing your name from their calling list. Feel free to email or call me directly.

Unfortunately, the organization was the target of a malicious attack several years ago (please remember, not everything you read online is true). Our financials have always and will always be open to the public, transparent, and determined by an independent auditor. The charity educates on prevention and survivorship, it helps breast cancer patients remain in their homes, it keeps the lights on, it shares hope through our beauty bags, it reaches women in third world countries... The organization is forthright in all that we do. We focus on individuals. We make a real difference in the lives of breast cancer patients on a day to day basis. If given the opportunity, I would love to share more about how and where we help!

I guess I would like to know are you providing BBB with the requested financials to evaluate you per the news article they could not rate you in the past due to this. What % of your finances go to which programs and how must goes to admin costs and salaries? There are multiple charity watch organizations that have some concerns regarding your organizations use of funds besides the news media reports. Also there are many complaints including mine regarding your call center and it's less than appropriate tactics which have been going on for a while to a point that I would think a reputable organization would sever ties with such a business. I'd be happy to see a link to your financials here regarding the breakdown of your donations, salaries, and how much is spent. Until then I think anyone who decides to work with a charity based on a link in a forum should make sure they do full due diligence before linking their gym with any charity group even more so if the charity is not part of their local community.

I guess I would like to know are you providing BBB with the requested financials to evaluate you per the news article they could not rate you in the past due to this. What % of your finances go to which programs and how must goes to admin costs and salaries? There are multiple charity watch organizations that have some concerns regarding your organizations use of funds besides the news media reports. Also there are many complaints including mine regarding your call center and it's less than appropriate tactics which have been going on for a while to a point that I would think a reputable organization would sever ties with such a business. I'd be happy to see a link to your financials here regarding the breakdown of your donations, salaries, and how much is spent. Until then I think anyone who decides to work with a charity based on a link in a forum should make sure they do full due diligence before linking their gym with any charity group even more so if the charity is not part of their local community.

Here is a link to our financials as requested, Annual & Financial Reports - The Breast Cancer Charities of America

89%- Program Services
8%- Fundraising
3%- General and Administration (Operation Costs and Salaries)

We have a small staff to keep our overhead very nominal. The call center helps us reach more people for educational purposes and fundraising (a volume that would be impossible to handle with a staff our size). With their help, we are educate more people about the prevention and detection of breast cancer. Again, feel free to reach out to me personally to ensure that you are removed from the list; if you still wish to be removed. I am happy to help.

Above all, we are committed to breast cancer patients. All of our efforts are to educate, keep women in their homes with their utilities on, provide them hope and encouragement through gifts of beauty bags, provide medical bill assistance, and higher education scholarships to their children.

A BBB application is in the works.

I appreciate your comments and questions. I agree... please, take a closer look at our organization and the individuals we impact. More importantly, look at what can be done when we work together! iCheerPink aims to educate teams on healthy living and lifestyle for breast cancer prevention and teach them the importance of philanthropy and stepping out of ones shell to see what a profound difference helping others makes.

Having looked at your website. It seems most of your funds regarding financial assistance goes to the greater Houston area which is fine and good. Can you elaborate on how much of your funding goes to nationally help it looks like in many areas your refer patients to other organizations for financial resources for the most part unless they are in your area based on your web site? It would seem a local cheer gym might be a better fit and that gyms in other parts of the country would be better serving their community working with them versus your organization?

"A: The Medical Financial Assistance is a program for breast cancer patients in the Greater Houston Area, providing financial assistance for medical bills. Grants range in values of up to $5,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant."

From a nonprofit business perspective I think you need to take a serious step back and look at your call center. What they are doing is wrong. I have a call blocker they aren't getting me anymore, but you are no better than the company you keep and the sheer volume of complaints regarding their tactics makes you look like a scam. When you write that your call center is educating people... sorry this casts a deep shadow on your organization as they are focused on getting money not educating to even write that... leaves me doubting the rest of what you wrote. That 8% fundraising need to look at it if it is going to that call center. From a nonprofit organizational perspective (and I was a medical social worker so I have worked with MANY groups like yours for resources) your call centers tactics play a big role in what is out there negatively about you.

I wish your organization the best in helping and educating women and hope that anyone who works with you or any other organization for charity does their due diligence.

Back