All-Star Teammate Trying To Put Me Down...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2011
There's a girl on my senior team (She's a year younger than me though), and she just started this year. (I've been cheering with this gym for two years.) We had practice last week, and after practice, she texted me and went off on me and told me everything I was doing wrong. I tried to be really calm about it, and told her she wasn't my coach, she wasn't team captain, she had no reason to be so rude to me cause she wasn't perfect herself. She took it to twitter and started tweeting crap about me. What do I do about this? I don't want any drama on either of my teams (I double - senior/junior)

There's a girl on my senior team (She's a year younger than me though), and she just started this year. (I've been cheering with this gym for two years.) We had practice last week, and after practice, she texted me and went off on me and told me everything I was doing wrong. I tried to be really calm about it, and told her she wasn't my coach, she wasn't team captain, she had no reason to be so rude to me cause she wasn't perfect herself. She took it to twitter and started tweeting crap about me. What do I do about this? I don't want any drama on either of my teams (I double - senior/junior)
Talk about it with your coaches b/c that's not okay. Hope it gets better for you!

DON'T DELETE ANYTHING! Trust me, I've had this problem before. Talk to your coaches first thing and show them all the text messages. As for the tweets, go on her twitter, and copy and paste every tweet posted with the time posted and everything. Take this with you as well when showing the coaches the texts messages. Hopefully things will be able to get solved. But their not gonna believe you unless you have proof. Hope this helps, and good luck!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. My daughter have experienced similar type of treatment. Like everyone said copy and paste these postings. I hope everything works out for you!!

i had this problem before too .. shes right dont delete anything and print out the tweets and go right to your coach pull your coach aside and tell him/her about it before it gets to something bigger then it should be .. hope things get better !

Save any posts/tweets/etc. Offer to meet with her and a coach at the same time so you can discuss any issues which she, you, or the coach might feel need to be addressed. Push whatever she thinks your cheer skills problem is back to her by telling her that you're happy to hear what she has to say on how you might be doing "xyz skills" better and ask her to bring specific examples to your group meeting. Keep in mind that everyone can always improve themselves and she may have a valid point on something. But, you also should remind her that she needs to be respectful in how she goes about telling someone something that's negative. Her approach is obviously very degrading & childish.

For yourself, if you ever have something negative to tell someone, it's a great idea to also offer up something positive that they do so that the person realizes you're not just trying to bash them but rather be helpful. An example might be "Suzie you do a really great job basing little Sally on "xyz stunt" but if we could adjust your hold to "this", it would make the stunt more solid." (Ok - disclaimer - obviously this cheer parent has no clue on exactly what you'd say for certain cheer things but I want to at least give you a general idea on how you could phrase something as a positive instead of just focusing on a negative.)

Good luck! It's definitely a sticky situation. Just don't play into it by involving any other cheerleaders - just work with your coaches & parents.

Trip her at your next competition.
lololololol by far the uhm ..'best' solution i have ever heard ;)

but actually dont be snarky dont say anything to her ignore it email your coaches and say you want to arrange a meeting if they ask email them the print screened documents, believe me ive been there with girls who believe they can coach you and that theyre better and that you should leave the team, ignore them be classy take the high road and explain everything to your coach(es)

make sure you got screenshots of the tweets and save all your messages! Don't let her get you down, ignore her messages, go to your coaches and show them, they will find a solution

DO NOT retaliate in any way! Completely ignore her, print out her messages, and talk to a coach. Say nothing to her, because your words can be used against you!

Being the bigger person is the hardest thing to do when you just want to punch them square and claw their eyes out. Trust me, I'm a hostess.

Back