All-Star Teammates Not Being Serious

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah idk why people waste the money to not go full out or even show up to practices or even competitions! It annoys me so much! Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way and has experienced this

I want to know how some people can pay to be on an all star team and not take things seriously? It makes me so frustrated that I pay good money to be on a team and certain people on the team don't take it seriously and decide to not show up to practices or even competitions. I know that the owner/coach should say something to these people or kick them off but no matter how many times myself or other people say nothing happens. I'm at the point where I might switch gyms because of this but there's no decent gyms near me that I'd like to join.

I'm stuck :(
Don't know where you cheer, but you should look into CNY Storm.<3 :)

I had this problem at my old gym.. luckily i moved to a new state and now cheer at the best gym i could ask for! it'll get better!

Whenever there is a teammate who is not being serious I think about how if every active member on the fierceboard joined together to form an ultimate cheer team we would be the most dedicated/cheer obsessed team out there!
And there would be absolutely no drama, fights or getting off topic ;)

The fact is that the average child on an all-star squad is NOT the paying the money, Momma is, and most of the time the ones being lazy are the ones who's Momma either doesn't care what they are doing as long as they are out of their hair, OR thinks their child is the STAR and doesn't have to work as hard as the rest. It sucks and it needs to be handled by coaches ASAP. My child has experienced this with a child who is so extremely talented but lazy and did nothing but whine and cry all the time so she did not have to work. It drove her insane.

My CP is 9 and this is her 5th year in allstar. She definitely has a better work ethic now than she did when she was 5, but still has bouts of laziness from time to time. I am hoping that she continues to improve in this area and try not to expect her to be 100%, 100% of the time. BUT since I am paying for it, and it is not inexpensive I make sure I do my part as a parent and let her know how important it is for her and her teammates safety and just in general to work hard and pay attention. At what age can we expect the athletes to be really serious?

Whenever there is a teammate who is not being serious I think about how if every active member on the fierceboard joined together to form an ultimate cheer team we would be the most dedicated/cheer obsessed team out there!
OMG the team would be AMAZING!!

I had a girl on my Sr team last year that was very negative and sarcastic. I pulled her aside and spoke to her at our 3rd practice and told her that her attitude sucked and that if she was going to b a member of the team i'd need to see a drastic change. She did an about face. Until a few months later when it resurfaced bc of attendance issues from several members of the team. I had another talk with her and told her the same thing and I was going to pull her off the squad if it started again. She did fine the rest of the year but thankfully, she did not return for another season. That bad attitude was always just below the surface. This is not her sport. She's not a team player and she's just a "woe is me" negative nelly by nature.
The same team this year has all very positive upbeat girls and they've accomplished more this summer than the team did the whole year last year.

Attitude is everything!

we have strict rules during the school/competition part of the year but summer they want us to come and want us to plan vacations around the practices but from my 2 yrs of allstar last year being on a senior and this year being on a junior its sad to say that the 7-10 year olds are there more this year from the ones 12-18 on a senior team last year

Back