All-Star Teams Only Going To Worlds On Paid Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1 question, NCA and Worlds use the same scoresheet?

But if tumbling is still just 30%, so everything else is worth 70%...So a David can receive 15% in tumbling, 50% in all the other areas and defeat Goliath...The dream still LIVE, YASSS!

Worlds has always used its own scoresheet. Unless NCA adopted the new one that will be used at worlds, I believe they're different. (In the past they were not the same)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 question, NCA and Worlds use the same scoresheet?

But if tumbling is still just 30%, so everything else is worth 70%...So a David can receive 15% in tumbling, 50% in all the other areas and defeat Goliath...The dream still LIVE, YASSS!

No, they don't use the same scoresheet. At NCA, tumbling (standing, running, and jumps) is 30%, building (stunts, pyramids, tosses) are 45%, dance is 10%, and the remaining 15% is impression/creativity.

I completely agree that sometimes it's just not in your favor to run into a paid bid. That doesn't mean you are a bad team. Didn't GBE Lime get 7th last year on an at large?

I completely agree that sometimes it's just not in your favor to run into a paid bid. That doesn't mean you are a bad team. Didn't GBE Lime get 7th last year on an at large?

Louisiana Cheer Force got 3rd last year on an AL.

I don't think taking only Paids are a sportsmanship thing...as a mom, I think of the money. When we lived in Missouri the idea of World's w/o a paid bid was scary---assuming my kid ever stayed in the sport that long, got to that level...etc, etc. Same with Summit---it's a distance.

Now that we live in Florida, it doesn't seem so bad so I wouldn't care which type of bid the gym accepts. Though Paid or Partial Paid would always be better for my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing about the David-Goliath dream is that tumbling is a big percentage of the score sheet, and tumbling skills usually cannot change significantly in a month or two. If cheer was only stunting, a David could beat a few Goliath's if David hits and Goliath has a bad weekend - but as it is, w/ tumbling being so important, even two good days of extremely difficult and perfectly executed stunts, tumbling would probably still keep David out of the top 10.

Of course, if a gym has access to tumbling ringers for some reason (like level 5 athletes from another location that are stronger tumblers than the team members who got the AL bid) that would allow an AL team to actually show up at World's which much more talent and have a chance at beating a paid bid team.
It totally happens in the right environment. My SS5 team got 9th in 2007. We were an at large bid winner and first year Worlds team that really hit our stride the month before Worlds. In March & April leading up to Worlds, we went from 2 doubles to 7. Everyone was just SO driven.

That was a different age though.

No, they don't use the same scoresheet. At NCA, tumbling (standing, running, and jumps) is 30%, building (stunts, pyramids, tosses) are 45%, dance is 10%, and the remaining 15% is impression/creativity.
Isn't i6 score sheet different from regular level 5 teams when it comes to % for tumbling?

Isn't i6 score sheet different from regular level 5 teams when it comes to % for tumbling?

At worlds? Or varsity? At worlds tumbling is only 15% for all international scoresheets (5&6). I don't think it's different percentages anywhere else, but I could be wrong.

Back