All-Star Teams Only Going To Worlds On Paid Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hopefully it's not the last ever..... I think if Orange, F5 and Panthers stay large for good we could see more than 10 next season, just maybe.
I also hope that CT Love & KC Fearless will stay large for the next seasons. Or maybe some LAG teams will arise from WE, Cali or other gyms.

Couple of things:

At ACE, a Warriors are fully expected to earn a paid bid. Other teams are not given the same bar to reach. It's not even close to a sportsmanship issue.

**ACE: we're coming to your city.**
Just a question. Would ACE Warriors go to Worlds on an AL bid or decline it if they did not earn a paid bid?

I believe they went on an AL last year
I think you're right? If I remember correctly, they earned a partial paid bid but declined it in belief that they would earn a full paid one some time later in the season, but it never happened.

I might be wrong, but I definitely remember feeling concerned for Warriors because they only had one more chance to earn a bid before Worlds, which they did so at One Up in Nashville. It was unusual because I feel like Warriors has always gone on a full paid, they just had a rough 2013-2014 season.

Just a question. Would ACE Warriors go to Worlds on an AL bid or decline it if they did not earn a paid bid?

Generally in the past they have only gone on a paid bid. I don't remember the specifics of last year other than I know it was a difficult season. When my daughter cheered on Warriors it was paid or nothing.

**The only thing I like about soccer is relegation and we should do it in all star cheer.**

Tbh, I think having At-Large bids (Worlds & Summit) and Wild Cards (Summit) are needed to bring more excitement, anticipation and interest to the competition. "Hey, who am I kidding", there have been great movies and stories written about this, Cinderella tales, I distinctly remembered 1 from the Bible, which depicts little David up against an huge Goliath, this tale supports the idea an underdog can enter as a long shot and bring down the top dogs... It is human nature that the belief that an underdog will pull it off, if only given a chance... Who are we to denied them this chance???

I think, the big name gyms struggles with the too high expectations that are placed on them and could be the reason why many will make the declarations of only sending athletes to Worlds/Summit with paid bids omly. I can imagine, It can be tough to always be considered the Goliath and must be overthrown by Little David...If the big name gym wins, it is expected; but if the Underdog wins, wow we get great movies and novels written about the great feat and all the sacrifices made for that once in a lifetime opportunity...I am wondering what will be the next great movie will be out about a Small Gym with 3 members, who won Summit entering as a Wild Card...What a great story this will make!

well I spoke to one of the girls on sparkle last night and was told that they have girls out because of injuries and also girls who couldn't afford to go to worlds that had to quit as well and a few of there flyers are hurt as well. isn't there like a set number of people that can be switched out for worlds after a team has received a bid? because she told me that about 10 girls were coming to practice from bangerz this Saturday

This is everything that's wrong with cheer IMO, and one of the reasons I dislike the big machine that is Cali.

As bigger gyms consume more and more of the smaller gyms across the country, not only does that hurt competition, but then they are allowed to switch girls in and out across multiple locations? I feel bad that Bangerz did not get a paid bid to allow them to go, but then shipping off the talent to AZ seems cheap and unfair. Yes, it is within the rules, and I'm not accusing any gym of cheating. I get that it probably happens everywhere, but to add almost half a team (10 girls) from a state away simply because Sparkle got their bid at a comp that Bangerz happened to compete at? It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know several families on Sparkle that I would consider good friends. They should be excited and proud to represent Cali at Worlds this year, but I think this move cheapens what they accomplished in the first year as Cali Arizona. That said, I'm sure they are thrilled with the added talent.

Wasn't there a push a while back to consider each location as a separate entity? I'm guessing nothing became of that?

This is everything that's wrong with cheer IMO, and one of the reasons I dislike the big machine that is Cali.

As bigger gyms consume more and more of the smaller gyms across the country, not only does that hurt competition, but then they are allowed to switch girls in and out across multiple locations? I feel bad that Bangerz did not get a paid bid to allow them to go, but then shipping off the talent to AZ seems cheap and unfair. Yes, it is within the rules, and I'm not accusing any gym of cheating. I get that it probably happens everywhere, but to add almost half a team (10 girls) from a state away simply because Sparkle got their bid at a comp that Bangerz happened to compete at? It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know several families on Sparkle that I would consider good friends. They should be excited and proud to represent Cali at Worlds this year, but I think this move cheapens what they accomplished in the first year as Cali Arizona. That said, I'm sure they are thrilled with the added talent.

Wasn't there a push a while back to consider each location as a separate entity? I'm guessing nothing became of that?
It may have been asked and answered earlier why did the the team/gym accept an at large bid with no intent in using it?

You guys are in my head

It may have been asked and answered earlier why did the the team/gym accept an at large bid with no intent in using it?
Because they're big meanies ;) (totally kidding) If I understand correctly, and judging from the fact that they were on the original California all stars world's shirt... A number of the kids were just unable to come up with the money the trip would cost so the decision NOT to go was a recent one.

Because they're big meanies ;) (totally kidding) If I understand correctly, and judging from the fact that they were on the original California all stars world's shirt... A number of the kids were just unable to come up with the money the trip would cost so the decision NOT to go was a recent one.

Well that may true, however they are on a worlds team with one end goal - worlds. A full paid bid if traveling from California will only cover one third to one half of the cost. This is an international team so they probably are not newbies and are older kids so frankly they should know better. How hard is it to save a little each month especially when you are participating in an expensive sport that involves travel and your team is depending on you? I can understand circumstances changing for one or two athletes but enough so they had disband the team. In that case I would think the gym would know the circumstances long before bid season started.

Last edited:
Well that may true, however they are on a worlds team with one end goal - worlds. A full paid bid if traveling from California will only cover one third to one half of the cost. This is an international team so they probably are not newbies and are older kids so frankly they should know better. How hard is it to save a little each month especially when you are participating in an expensive sport that involves travel and your team is depending on you? I can understand circumstances changing for one or two athletes but enough so they had disband the team. In that case I would think the gym would know the circumstances long before bid season started.
Our adults on I5 are the same way. We have always gone on Al, this year so close to paid, we offer fundraising multiple times per thru out the season. Always when $ is due, usually Feb/March they r stressing out! We tell them in July, we should make it to Worlds start thinking about it now! But do they fundraise? Most do not.

Back