College Teams That Don't Compete That You'd Like To See Compete?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 30, 2010
What college cheer teams would you like to see compete that don't? Or teams that do that you'd like to see at bigger competitions like UCA and NCA?

Personally, I think I'd LOVE to see Auburn University's cheerleaders compete at UCA. I think they could do well but I think they might need little tumbling and stunting improvements. But that's no big deal because even teams that do compete there could use some improvements. There's always room to get better.
Also I know USC (So Cal not South Carolina) competes, but I'd like to see them move up to bigger competitions. Maybe NCA.

USC is usually not up to UCA/NCA standards. I spotted their group at a competition a couple years back, and the amount of stunts that dropped made me sad. They are mostly a game day team.

I would be curious to see if the Univ. of Hawaii could transition to NCA. Their routines are always very creative, and I could see them being reworked to fit in at NCA.

I didnt know USC had real cheerleaders? I dont count the girls in the tight sweater and big pom poms as cheerleaders more as a cross between dancers and crowd leaders. I would like to see Kentucky white squad compete maybe as a small coed team at UCA. I know they sometimes compete at USA but I would love to see them on a bigger stage.

USC is usually not up to UCA/NCA standards. I spotted their group at a competition a couple years back, and the amount of stunts that dropped made me sad. They are mostly a game day team.

I would be curious to see if the Univ. of Hawaii could transition to NCA. Their routines are always very creative, and I could see them being reworked to fit in at NCA.

Really? I've only seen theme compete once though. I thought they were pretty good but that their tumbling needed some work. And I totally agree with you on the UH switching to NCA! That would be neat!

I didnt know USC had real cheerleaders? I dont count the girls in the tight sweater and big pom poms as cheerleaders more as a cross between dancers and crowd leaders. I would like to see Kentucky white squad compete maybe as a small coed team at UCA. I know they sometimes compete at USA but I would love to see them on a bigger stage.

I ALWAYS thought that about White Squad too! I've always wondered why they don't compete at UCA with Blue. I'd looovee to see that!

Really? I've only seen theme compete once though. I thought they were pretty good but that their tumbling needed some work. And I totally agree with you on the UH switching to NCA! That would be neat!

Yeah, their program is really weird. I applied there to go to college, and met with the cheer coach. They have two seperate programs for guys and girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1A4A5bUqx0

That's better then when I saw them in 06 (I think?), but it's still not that much above high school level. A lot of the teams in CA have fallen off hard, the scene out here is dismal. I can't think of any teams that don't compete that I would want to see, but I've always thought it would be really awesome to have some sort of college mega-comp in CA. Just straight up all-girl, large co-ed, small-coed. Maybe let all-star in the mix.

Yeah, their program is really weird. I applied there to go to college, and met with the cheer coach. They have two seperate programs for guys and girls.

That's better then when I saw them in 06 (I think?), but it's still not that much above high school level. A lot of the teams in CA have fallen off hard, the scene out here is dismal. I can't think of any teams that don't compete that I would want to see, but I've always thought it would be really awesome to have some sort of college mega-comp in CA. Just straight up all-girl, large co-ed, small-coed. Maybe let all-star in the mix.

I think San Deigo State all girl compete at UCA

Hahaha oh wow. Yeah, their program does sound pretty weird. And I think I've seen that video before. But I think you're right, they should just stay where they are.

I think San Deigo State all girl compete at UCA

They do. So does Glendale College, and Riverside College this year. Both in small co-ed Div. II. Glendale was in Juco last year with a large co-ed team. Cal State Northridge was supposed to compete at UCA this year, but pulled out.

Not to go off on a tangent, but do you think if these teams started competing at NCA or UCA they would attract cheerleaders with better tumbling? Some of these schools are huge, so I find it hard to believe that there's not enough people on campus that have at least a standing BHS and ROBHS Tuck. If going to elite competitions isn't the answer then what can they do to attract good well rounded cheerleaders?

I actually would really like UK to switch it up and send their White squad to NCA. I feel like if they went and won they would get more recognition for winning NCA then when they won USA. It would give people a chance to see UK have a different look and feel to their routines without taking away their traditional Blue squad.

What college cheer teams would you like to see compete that don't? Or teams that do that you'd like to see at bigger competitions like UCA and NCA?

Personally, I think I'd LOVE to see Auburn University's cheerleaders compete at UCA. I think they could do well but I think they might need little tumbling and stunting improvements. But that's no big deal because even teams that do compete there could use some improvements. There's always room to get better.
Also I know USC (So Cal not South Carolina) competes, but I'd like to see them move up to bigger competitions. Maybe NCA.

Not to bash another team but USC cheer are no where near ready for UCA or NCA. They just dont have the talent.

Back