All-Star Thank You, Coaches, For All You Do

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12stepCheermom

Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14
Cheer Parent
May 10, 2011
This will likely be the last thread I ever start on this board but I thought it was important. There are discussions upon discussions here of kids being loyal, disloyal, staying with a coach, being trained by a coach and leaving, hurt feelings, banning non-gym athletes from their old gyms, gym hopping, etc etc.

Tonight was cp17s 7th and last cheer banquet. Throughout it all, there have been two coaches that have touched his life in a way few others have. One, Josh Davis, literally started coaching the same day CP17 started cheering. And the other, Andy Hansen, joined our program (at the time) two seasons later.

They were amazing coaches and like often happens, trained him beyond what our gym could provide. So we had no choice but to leave and CP17 went to Coed Elite in 2013-2014. But, Josh and Andy never stopped being important, never stopped loving him and supporting him. They were never more than a text away. They encouraged him all season. Cheered for him. They taught him that cheer didn't have to be about the uniform he was wearing.

So, the following year when CA Charlotte opened, they had the foresight to hire two men that are the epitome of what a coach should be. And for that reason alone, cp17 left Coed Elite (giving up what would end up being a gold medal that season, still so proud of them!) to come back. To come home. To finish his career with the two men who literally taught him everything he knows about tumbling and stunting.

So tonight, at the CA Charlotte banquet we asked if we could honor them. If we could at least attempt to show them (and the other coaches on stage) just how important a cheer coach can be in the life of a child. They agreed without hesitation and we ended the banquet with this video.

For all the cheer coaches out there, you are so much more than cheer coaches (or can be). And from the legions of parents and their athletes that may not know how to express it, we hope this can.

From us to you, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've (obviously as you know) never met you or your cp but that video made me emotional because that's exactly how I feel about my coaches. I give my coach so much credit for who I am today and I can only aspire to show people as much love as she shows every kid who walks through her doors.

Also emotionally coping with the fact that I've been retired for a whole year now. I'm still not over it, but I cried less at this video than I did when "Go the Distance" came on as I drove home from my last comp so I mean I've at least improved somewhat?

I hope CP's last worlds is awesome! Getting old sucks (a lot) and I bawled at my last comp, on the way home, and at my banquet. But college is pretty cool too and he will have so much fun next year!

It seems like your son is not only an excellent athlete but a grounded and humble kid, so congratulations for bringing him up right!
This was beautiful to watch and I can only imagine how it made the coaches feel. Best of luck at worlds, I'll be rooting for them!!

That was absolutely beautiful. So many emotions. I can only imagine how you must be feeling as he nears the end. I feel the same way about one Coach in particular who has never given up on my CP and I would gladly make a video to show her someday how much she has meant to her and me. They give our kids so much of their time and their heart, you can feel that in your video for sure ♡

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I swear that I have spent more time in tears over your kids than I have my own cp. Love this...and as usual, saying thank you for sharing never seems enough.

Love it!!! I can't wait to cheer on your CS from my couch next week! May all his dreams come through.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

So do I!

LOVE the video. We really lucked out by getting Josh and Andy as coaches. They have been fabulous. I'm pretty happy that we got a couple of years with 12stepcheermom's family also. We'll be sad to see you guys go.
We've enjoyed you as well. You run an amazing program we're glad we got to be a part of it if only for a little while [emoji170]

Back