All-Star Thank You For Those That Make Our Jobs Worth Having

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I posted this on my FB wall earlier today. We deal with so many "Suzy" mom type situations that we sometimes forget there are those who are nothing but supportive of what we are trying to accomplish. If coaches want to share, please do.

After talking with some of my co workers yesterday, I want to say:

Thank you to those parents and athletes that understand that proper progressions matter. Thank you for understanding that it takes patience to build well rounded athletes. Thank you for realizing it takes time to properly develop mind, body and spirit to be able to consistently perform skills with minimal risk. Thank you for understanding that conditioning does not always equate to punishment. Thank you for taking constructive criticism and corrections positively and work with us to make your athlete better. Thank you for not measuring your athletes' success by that of a teammate, classmate, neighbor or friend. Thank you for not seeing the progression charts as just a nice idea that applies to everyone else but your athlete. Thank you for understanding it takes more than just one tumbling class a week to maintain your current skill set, let alone advance them. Thank you for not placing ultimatums and bribes on your athlete that cause them to stress more and more often tend to work against what you are trying to attain. Thank you for understanding that while all of our instructors have different competitive backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses, we all are working for the same goal and work as team. It does not matter to us who gets what skill with what coach as long as they get it safely and consistently.

We often say so much about the other types of parents and athletes, we fail to acknowledge those of you that make us excited to do what we do every day. That make coming to work a pleasure. That pushes us to dig deep to find ways to help your athlete get it because we want it as bad for them as you do. You make it easy for us and you make us look good. Thank you!

I posted this on my FB wall earlier today. We deal with so many "Suzy" mom type situations that we sometimes forget there are those who are nothing but supportive of what we are trying to accomplish. If coaches want to share, please do.

After talking with some of my co workers yesterday, I want to say:

Thank you to those parents and athletes that understand that proper progressions matter. Thank you for understanding that it takes patience to build well rounded athletes. Thank you for realizing it takes time to properly develop mind, body and spirit to be able to consistently perform skills with minimal risk. Thank you for understanding that conditioning does not always equate to punishment. Thank you for taking constructive criticism and corrections positively and work with us to make your athlete better. Thank you for not measuring your athletes' success by that of a teammate, classmate, neighbor or friend. Thank you for not seeing the progression charts as just a nice idea that applies to everyone else but your athlete. Thank you for understanding it takes more than just one tumbling class a week to maintain your current skill set, let alone advance them. Thank you for not placing ultimatums and bribes on your athlete that cause them to stress more and more often tend to work against what you are trying to attain. Thank you for understanding that while all of our instructors have different competitive backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses, we all are working for the same goal and work as team. It does not matter to us who gets what skill with what coach as long as they get it safely and consistently.

We often say so much about the other types of parents and athletes, we fail to acknowledge those of you that make us excited to do what we do every day. That make coming to work a pleasure. That pushes us to dig deep to find ways to help your athlete get it because we want it as bad for them as you do. You make it easy for us and you make us look good. Thank you!
Love this.

What happened today?

Love this.

What happened today?

Nothing bad. :) We were remarking about the progress several athletes had made over this week and I was getting the staff to look at it from where each kid came from to where they were this week. These skills were not the typical tryout fever adrenaline new skills, but skills that had been worked on for some time that were manifesting. Kids that walked in the door with no CW now throwing fulls. Kids with special needs fully accepted and contributing members on their teams and progressing in skills as well. Kids that have taken forever to get BHS, Tuck, etc yet not one complaint from parent or kid. I was just reminding them that we always notice the critics because they are the one that demand so much of our attention and energy. While the others just keep at it, often in obscurity. They don't make waves, demand no special favors, just come in and work. I just wanted them to recognize the journey of those kids as well.

Thank you to the parents that go out of their way to make sure every girl on the team can make it to competitions, is fed and loved on. Not all parents have the luxury of taking off work to see their daughter cheer. Those parents that really step up to help out teammates are often under thanked!

Also thank you to the parents that think of the coaches. I have parents that will slip me a card with a $5 starbucks card and a nice note. Parents that will bring me a sonic drink at the end of the night. Parents that have brought me a home cooked meal to take home after practice because we practice through dinner and they know I rarely cook or eat good food. Parents that just send me a nice random text. None of this is required or expected, but it's nice to know that they appreciate me and the time I spend with their kid. It's funny that the timing of the world usually puts one of these small gestures in my life when another more vocal parent is having the opposite effect on me.

Back