OT Thankfulness

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

mommadonna

Cheer Parent
Nov 13, 2010
Hi all!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on why they're personally thankful for being involved in the sport of Cheerleading.

I'll start:

I'm thankful that Babydonna is a cheerleader because it has taught her so much about dealing with life! She is getting lots of self esteem, and she is also learning how to work as a part of a team. She is learning that hard work brings rewards and that laziness brings the opposite. She has great friends that she has gained through participating too!

I'm thankful that I'm involved as a parent, too! I have so many wonderful cheer mama friends that I wouldn't take anything for! I get out of the house and actually interact with people outside of my job and home life, which takes away from the isolation a person can begin to feel as they get older.

I love interacting with folks on the boards, too! I hope to meet some of y'all in person someday!

I'm thankful for my team and their support of me this year! It's my first time as a level 5 athlete so their belief in me has really helped my progression thus far!

I'm thankful for my coaches. Not only do they teach me cheerleading, but life lessons as well. I'm a better person because of them!

I'm thankful for my stunt group. They never fail to turn any bad day around!

I'm thankful for whoever the heck invented tumbling and stunting. I can now walk into the gym and leave everything I am on the floor. Upset? I tumble. Angry? Grab my stunt group.

I'm thankful for my parents who give up so much of their time, money and energy so I can do what I love. Driving 45 minutes each way isn't ideal for most sports and I really do appreciate everything!

Oh, and bows. Those are pretty awesome. ^.^

Back