All-Star Thanks Usasf For Killing My Cps Love Of The Sport!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're not going to like what I have to say, but I'm saying it anyway. If eliminating a few skills is "killing her love of the sport"....perhaps she doesn't love cheering. Maybe you should look at putting her into tumbling and trampoline.

I understand what you mean. If the deletion of 1 small part of a sport ruins the sport for someone, then maybe the love wasn't for the total sport.

You're not going to like what I have to say, but I'm saying it anyway. If eliminating a few skills is "killing her love of the sport"....perhaps she doesn't love cheering. Maybe you should look at putting her into tumbling and trampoline.
So if quarterbacks were told they can only pass up to 20 yards at a time it should not change their love of football? Or the hitter in baseball told they are no longer allowed home runs that should not change the love of the sport? I could go on and on.

So if quarterbacks were told they can only pass up to 20 yards at a time it should not change their love of football? Or the hitter in baseball told they are no longer allowed home runs that should not change the love of the sport? I could go on and on.

No, it shouldn't. If you love a sport, you love it at all levels. I love coaching and judging the Level 1s just as much as the Level 5s in cheer and the Elites in gymnastics....because at each level there is a challenge, at each level there is something to perfect, to master.

Narrow minded of you to say miss bee. If tumbling is what they love, especially standing tumbling then let it be. Tumbling is why she loves it, she loves to push herself in that aspect of cheer. Yes taking such a harsh stance on standing tumbling does completely change her outlook on the sport. Everyone is different no need to judge. That's her opinion and she's completely entitled to it.

---
I am here: Google Maps
I agree Cheetahmom with your comment to Miss Bee.

My daughter was a gymnast for 6 years and as a parent watching girls doing standing fulls on a 4 inch beam doesn't sound fair to take it away from athletes that do this skill on the floor. I know this to be true because Rebecca Bross (who will be headed to the Olympics) does this on the beam. I firmly believe if you take away from the sport & all teams do the same thing then the sport will become boring. I've been to NCA and Worlds & what I find gets the audience clapping, cheering, chanting..etc is the tumbling & stunts. I just think it isn't fair to take so much hardwork away from a anyone no matter what level they are.

My cps has given 9 years of her life to this sport and has always had a challenge to work for and the reason why we both loved this sport! With the new rules they have single handily killed her love of the sport. She literally started crying when I told her no standing fulls no two to doubles or two to fulls and no whip doubles. Why are they punishing kids and telling them to quit reaching for more? It's the coaches who vote this stuff in but it's your responsibility to teach them correctly. Don't do this!!! You are killing the sport! Talk about vanilla cheerleading!

---
I am here: Google Maps

I personally think these rules are being voted for by gym owners and coaches that have level 5 teams that can't and probably will never have difficult tumbling skills, and won't ever catch up with the difficultly increase tumbling trends. These are coaches that want their team with janky tumbling, to actually have a chance at a national competition at placing top 5 or whatever. These coaches want the judges to notice their team's tight motions, syncronization, etc, and look beyond the difficult tumbling. But truth is, the team's with the difficult tumbling will still max out difficulty in stunts also, and I can promise you that these coaches are going to probably want to ban high to highs or ball-ups, or 1.5 twists. These coaches want to lower the expectations so their crappy team can actually have a chance of winning something. :deadhorse:

Coaches didn't vote for this. We were notified along with the rest of the world. It'll force us to get creative and incorporate new and different skills.
Coaches do vote on the rules placed in the seasonal "rule book". They vote on thse rules at conferences and other meeting.

yes we do vote on the rules. We did NOT get to vote on the rules thrown at us last week.
Yeah USASF just pulled that out of their behinds. I guess they just want to see the reactions of the athletes and how it will affect the sports as a whole.

I personally think these rules are being voted for by gym owners and coaches that have level 5 teams that can't and probably will never have difficult tumbling skills, and won't ever catch up with the difficultly increase tumbling trends. These are coaches that want their team with janky tumbling, to actually have a chance at a national competition at placing top 5 or whatever. These coaches want the judges to notice their team's tight motions, syncronization, etc, and look beyond the difficult tumbling. But truth is, the team's with the difficult tumbling will still max out difficulty in stunts also, and I can promise you that these coaches are going to probably want to ban high to highs or ball-ups, or 1.5 twists. These coaches want to lower the expectations so their crappy team can actually have a chance of winning something. :deadhorse:
Clapping out loud at this!! I know several that complain how the "power house" gyms always win & they can't ever compete.. Blah blah blah!
But perhaps if they hired qualified coaches & competed at the right competitions... Or here's a though.. at the right level... They might! Hello! IMO ;)
But, on the flip side, I know that no coaches got to vote on this ...USASF did this all by themselves!
Our coaches would never back these rules!
Sorry to get off topic... Lol! Just had to applaud (literally) some of your comments ;)

Or maybe cheer was their life. My gym is my home and my family.
Im not saying that to be cute, I mean it. Its my everything.

The rules changes won't stop one from spending time at home (real or gym) or with their family (real or gym).

Clapping out loud at this!! I know several that complain how the "power house" gyms always win & they can't ever compete.. Blah blah blah!
But perhaps if they hired qualified coaches & competed at the right competitions... Or here's a though.. at the right level... They might! Hello! IMO ;)
But, on the flip side, I know that no coaches got to vote on this ...USASF did this all by themselves!
Our coaches would never back these rules!
Sorry to get off topic... Lol! Just had to applaud (literally) some of your comments ;)

Here's what those teams fail to look at.....these coaches and CPs have put in a lot of time and work to master skills at the lower levels! They are not coming in out of the blue and doing lvl 5 skills. Girls are properly coming up through the lvls...meaning they've properly mastered lvl 1 on up and the coaches are attending workshops and clinics to get credentialed!

I know that my CP's gym did lvl 4 for about 4 yrs straight before going lvl 5. These girls did lvl 2, 3 on up to 4 for over 4 years. They didn't go from lvl 2-3 to 5!!! By thier last yr of lvl 4, ppl were asking why are you still doing lvl 4, you basically have a lvl 5 routine w/out the fulls, eventhough they had level 5 tumbling(ie jumps to tucks, standing fulls, doubles). The gym owner felt that she wanted to be sure that the girls were mentally and physically ready to step in to the level 5 arena. Even when they went lvl 5 they did a yr of open/restricted to test the waters. Now they are a Worlds team and have won paid bids! But it didn't just happen. They attended stunting clinics, they would bring in outside instructors and ppl in the industry to look at any possible safety issues, their coaches have actually cheered on lvl 5 teams, and their tumbling instructor is an actual gymnast that has trained for the olympics and can perform every tumbling skill that he teaches. Every gym should strive to do the same thing. Furthermore a lot of cheer coaches think b/c they can perform a tumbling skill, they can teach it....NOT TRUE! Gyms need to think about the safety of thier CPs and if it's meant for your gym to go lvl 5 it will happen!

Back