All-Star #thatawkwardmemorialdaythreadthatcrashedtheoldboards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

as far as memorial day goes I know the thread was like 100+ pages and we may have crashed the server? I can't quite remember.

IIRC it started as a group or forum on the Yahoo Message Boards - before my time

Went to whatisprox - that is when I joined.

CPGB (Cheer Parents Going Broke) split from that board as a more adult friendly board

When whatisprox died, imissthexboards came up

That developed into imissthexboards II

to now the fierceboard.

Oh you mean the weekend that grown adults started multi page threads DEMANDING to know WHY their post count was dropping and WHEN we were going to fix it?

Yea, remember it perfectly.

1 of the absolute best freaking weekends of my life.

Oh you mean the weekend that grown adults started multi page threads DEMANDING to know WHY their post count was dropping and WHEN we were going to fix it?

Yea, remember it perfectly.

1 of the absolute best freaking weekends of my life.

Lol...I remember too. Bad admins! I thought people were going to need long term therapy over their post counts.

I dont even remember my username on that board.... though I do still have my whatisprox.com t-shirt LOL

I missed what is pro x. That is kinda what the fierce games is supposed to be. Only simpler and hopefully a ton of people will enter.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That weekend, me and three of the other cheer dads went to Charlotte to the Coca Cola 600. All the wives were in Atlanta at Jenny's house.

Earlier that week, I had changed the level names to something like: mini, youth, junior, senior, fierce. And everyone started posting just to drive up their post count.

One or more of the threads got to 280+ pages in 24 hours. And it was grinding the servers to a halt.

That next week, the admins were spending hours having to delete messages one at a time trying to save the servers.

Shortly after that is when Craig decided to shut down the board.

That weekend, me and three of the other cheer dads went to Charlotte to the Coca Cola 600. All the wives were in Atlanta at Jenny's house.

Earlier that week, I had changed the level names to something like: mini, youth, junior, senior, fierce. And everyone started posting just to drive up their post count.

One or more of the threads got to 280+ pages in 24 hours. And it was grinding the servers to a halt.

That next week, the admins were spending hours having to delete messages one at a time trying to save the servers.

Shortly after that is when Craig decided to shut down the board.

Thank gawd we now have shimmys and fight over those?

Ahh! I remember all of this! I was shadowcat365 back then! I remember my momma was like freaking out because she went on like the next day and couldnt find the x boards!!

okay so call me crazy... but wasn't there a user named "Kong" on the pro-x boards that didn't make it over here? I swear I came across his facebook the other day

Correct. He is an admin on the Varsity message boards. Nice guy. Big.

Back