All-Star The Best Of The Best At Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The positives of this weekend outweigh any negatives by far. I really enjoyed myself. Are there things I would change, absolutely, but I think Varsity got most of it right.

All I can say about Summit is I'm so thankful for the support system I have throughout the country. Love knows no colors! Thanks to everyone who commented on my facebook/instagram this weekend, telling me good luck and good job...it literally meant worlds to me. :)
This was my second time competing at The Summit...this year I competed in large senior 4, last year large senior 3, and I am proud to say I'm one of only 3 athletes within my program that has not only made finals both years, but hit 4 0 deduction routines.
I couldn't of asked to end my career any other way. This weekend was literally magical.
Congrats to you!!! Good luck to you in the future.

I totally agree for the most part.., a majority of the at large worlds bids should not even be there. I've seen very good routines today at the summit however it can be fairly hard to fall out of a prep so most of the level 3 and below routines that got bids to this comp should never fall.
I'm on a level 3 senior team and the only prep we do in the entire routine is in pyramid...so I'd probably check your facts before you start calling out lower level teams.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm on a level 3 senior team and the only prep we do in the entire routine is in pyramid...so I'd probably check your facts before you start calling out lower level teams.

She said most, not all. :chillpill:

This discussion has already been hashed out before in regards to deductions. The skills being performed at lower levels are not as difficult as those being performed at the higher ups, as per the rules. Not hating, just a fact that the stunting is easier in levels 1-3 than it is in 4-6. Since it's easier, it shouldn't fall. Ever.

She said most, not all. :chillpill:

This discussion has already been hashed out before in regards to deductions. The skills being performed at lower levels are not as difficult as those being performed at the higher ups, as per the rules. Not hating, just a fact that the stunting is easier in levels 1-3 than it is in 4-6. Since it's easier, it shouldn't fall. Ever.
That's like saying level 4/5 athletes know exactly what they're doing so their stunts shouldn't fall. Ever. We have a switchup in our routine where the back holds the flyers ankle to make it legal. It's still basically a level 4 stunt. I've seen level 3 teams blow level 5 teams out of the water.

That's like saying level 4/5 athletes know exactly what they're doing so their stunts shouldn't fall. Ever. We have a switchup in our routine where the back holds the flyers ankle to make it legal. It's still basically a level 4 stunt. I've seen level 3 teams blow level 5 teams out of the water.

If you watched any major competitions this year for worlds divisions, you would see that the demand for difficulty is increasing at such a high rate that a lot of teams can't handle the pressure and these level 5 athletes were dropping stunts like flies. Level 4/5/6 cheerleaders aren't super humans. Levels 1/2/3 have all seen huge jumps in difficulty as well. I'm sure the level 3 teams that you said would blow level 5 team out of the water HIT their routine and hit it hard. Anything that HITS will look better than something shaky and falling.

Why did I foolishly think that this thread would be people's reflections on the most awesome moments/ overall amazing routines they saw this weekend? Instead, we have people bickering about team sunglasses for a competition in Florida...? A YOUTH team at that.

#overit
#fierceboardproblems

**whips out hater sunglasses and moves to a new thread**
Well said thank you

Yes they did and it was extremely awkward and made me quite mad. Also they represented a large gym and a big name and I am so unimpressed with that gym right now :mad:

I would contact the gym owner and tell him/her about the incident. They probably do not like to hear that their gym is represented in such a way and will handle it appropriately.

I saw some questionable sportsmanship on twitter from youth 5 parents...come on now. Be a better example for your CPs.

There were some very rude comments made back in the Awards room made by parents and the posts I read on Twitter, seem to have been made by a coach & parent. The kids on these teams ARE friends, they text each other, they have group chats, they facetime. My daughters both have made (I hope) lasting friendships with several girls from all of the Youth 5 teams this year.

I agree be a better example for your gym and for your CP! and if it were one of the coaches that posted the remarks on Twitter, shame on you! If cheer has taught me anything this year, it is not always about hitting! It's all about the score sheet ;)

If you watched any major competitions this year for worlds divisions, you would see that the demand for difficulty is increasing at such a high rate that a lot of teams can't handle the pressure and these level 5 athletes were dropping stunts like flies. Level 4/5/6 cheerleaders aren't super humans. Levels 1/2/3 have all seen huge jumps in difficulty as well. I'm sure the level 3 teams that you said would blow level 5 team out of the water HIT their routine and hit it hard. Anything that HITS will look better than something shaky and falling.
exactly this! but you can't compare a switch up or tick tock at a level 3 prep to a double up to a high to high at an extension: the risk of that stunt hitting and executing is much greater.. thus it is given a higher raw score. As having watched my daughter climb the USASF levels 1-5 some of it is simple physics with very little room for error. There is a big jump up between level 3-4 stunting in terms of keeping that flyer in the air. Sure stunts have gotten much more creative and give much of the illusion of those exciting level 5 stunts but there is still a difference. As I said before At THIS type of competition and the difficulty in earning bids.. (practically harder than Worlds bids IMHO) NO level 3 and below teams should be dropping ANY stunts.

Back