All-Star The Best Of The Best At Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nah girl! Speak ya mind. I maxed out at level 4 but still had a long and meaningful cheer career (as evident by me being 23 and like 7 years retired and still here chatting about cheer) so I'm always going to rep for the lower levels. I do the same thing to my sister when she tried to tell me how flyers were the stars of the routine and no one else was as important. Well in all my years my feet never left the ground into a stunt and I still felt pretty important, so you can bet I put her in her place quick.

I think we're all kind of in agreement on most things here. The Summit is definitely the best of the best in levels 1-4, so stunts should hit. (and they did) But I don't think it's because those stunts are "easy", I think it was because those are just really good teams.
Yes agreed 100%! Read somewhere that the summit is the top 10% of teams in their level? Or something crazy like that

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how you do!
They ended up getting 7th. Not a bad first year for our SJ1 team. Zero deductions all year long! Now we are back home and looking back on how amazing the last week has been.

We met so many great people from all over. CALI, Cheer Fusion, CA, SCA, etc. Different colors but still one family.

They ended up getting 7th. Not a bad first year for our SJ1 team. Zero deductions all year long! Now we are back home and looking back on how amazing the last week has been.

We met so many great people from all over. CALI, Cheer Fusion, CA, SCA, etc. Different colors but still one family.

That's great! So glad you guys had a good time! Now on to the next season... LOL

What I observed was if you wanted to make the finals at Summit you better not make any mistakes where as with Worlds it seemed to me that in some cases teams advanced with mistakes. The Worlds teams today seem to be a high risk high reward mentality. If they hit then the scores reflect as much but if they miss it may not be an obstacle as they all are running on the edge of disaster. I enjoyed watching Worlds and Summit but for me it was refreshing seeing clean, sharp and creative routines that HAD to hit for them to have any chance of advancing let alone winning.

I love watching Worlds especially as I have a child on a Worlds team. It seems like in the past you didn't see these teams fall and when you did it was surprising. Today if a team has falls it doesn't seem that out of place. Again just my observation / opinion.

A few observations from a 1st time Summit Attendee:

- This is about the competition 1st, Orlando and all of it's activities 2nd. You will have some free time, but it is important that your CP is 100% for competition.
- You will never fully understand how a judge thinks or scores. You think you will or do, then you don't. As a parent, so much is out of your control. So, in the end, you must be a good role model, supportive and an encourager.
- Your child picks up a lot of your behavior, mannerisms and vocabulary. Parents, think 2x before opening your mouth. Your child not only represents their gym/team, but they are a direct reflection of you. We witnessed this many times both good and bad.
- Make it a point to talk with other parents from other teams. Many of those conversations will be enjoyable. Some people are just not the type to talk to random strangers, but once the conversation starts, they are comfortable. Remember, you do have something significant in common.
- Take pictures, lots of pictures. If you can, take lots of video too. Six months from now your CP will watch it over and over (probably, as soon as you get home).
- Summit is an amazing experience for everyone who attends. The emotional roller coaster is one my CP will never forget. Thank You Varsity for making this happen.

The list for The Disney, personal, and comfort side of things:
- Don't buy to many of the refillable cups. We only had one and were fine. Two probably would have been easier.
- If using the Disney Magical Express Service:
*It took us 3 hours to get our bags upon arrival to the All Star Resort. Just be prepared with what you pack in a carry on.
- We purchased an extra day on our park hopper pass (giving us 5 days). That we used 3 days of it. We were there from Wednesday night, late through Tuesday morning. Next time we will go to a water park one day.
- Disneyworld lacks the overall customer service experience Disney is known for. From food court employees to bus drivers, they just don't exude "Happiest Place on Earth." Disneyland is much better.
- Cell Service stinks at the ESPN Sports Center. Just like any major sporting event.
- There are no exercise facilities at All Star Sports Resorts.
- Linking you Magic Bands to your park hopper passes and Credit card make life so much easier (you need a pin # to use it). You will get a one time debit/credit charge for the combined total of all your purchases on the last day (it was a lot!).
- Take a picture of you passes the moment you get them (just in case the get lost).
- If there is any chance of rain in the forecast, buy the .99 cent ponchos at Walmart (at least 2 per person in your group).
- Water is free everywhere. Bring a refillable bottle. to carry with you.
- Bring those small rechargeable batteries for your cell phone. We had 4, and used them everyday.
- Most rooms at the All Star Resorts have small refrigerators. Use the online grocery delivery service or have someone take you to Super Target.
- Bus Service was timely.
- Purchase any Summit Gear/Clothing as early as possible. If your CP is a tiny Flyer and wears anything smaller than a YM, forget it cause they wont have it anyway.
- Carry hand sanitizer.
- Carry a small travel deodorant. Use that deodorant when necessary. Nobody wants to smell you.
- Turn off your work email and send business to VM. Deal with it after your CP goes to bed. This is amazing bonding time that you will never get back.
- Pack less and do a load of laundry.
- Be there to support your gym's other teams.

There are more things that i can't remember right now, but all in all, this was an amazing trip that my CP (11), her sister (6), my wife and I will remember for ever. Now it is back to reality, tryouts and a whole new season.

Hopefully some of this info helps one of you. If not, just hit the shimmy button and move along.

That division was ridiculous! I would not want to be a judge at this competition. There were so many teams across all levels that were flawless in my eyes. It really was the "best of the best."
It was a hard division. Congrats to you!

A few observations from a 1st time Summit Attendee:

- This is about the competition 1st, Orlando and all of it's activities 2nd. You will have some free time, but it is important that your CP is 100% for competition.
- You will never fully understand how a judge thinks or scores. You think you will or do, then you don't. As a parent, so much is out of your control. So, in the end, you must be a good role model, supportive and an encourager.
- Your child picks up a lot of your behavior, mannerisms and vocabulary. Parents, think 2x before opening your mouth. Your child not only represents their gym/team, but they are a direct reflection of you. We witnessed this many times both good and bad.
- Make it a point to talk with other parents from other teams. Many of those conversations will be enjoyable. Some people are just not the type to talk to random strangers, but once the conversation starts, they are comfortable. Remember, you do have something significant in common.
- Take pictures, lots of pictures. If you can, take lots of video too. Six months from now your CP will watch it over and over (probably, as soon as you get home).
- Summit is an amazing experience for everyone who attends. The emotional roller coaster is one my CP will never forget. Thank You Varsity for making this happen.

The list for The Disney, personal, and comfort side of things:
- Don't buy to many of the refillable cups. We only had one and were fine. Two probably would have been easier.
- If using the Disney Magical Express Service:
*It took us 3 hours to get our bags upon arrival to the All Star Resort. Just be prepared with what you pack in a carry on.
- We purchased an extra day on our park hopper pass (giving us 5 days). That we used 3 days of it. We were there from Wednesday night, late through Tuesday morning. Next time we will go to a water park one day.
- Disneyworld lacks the overall customer service experience Disney is known for. From food court employees to bus drivers, they just don't exude "Happiest Place on Earth." Disneyland is much better.
- Cell Service stinks at the ESPN Sports Center. Just like any major sporting event.
- There are no exercise facilities at All Star Sports Resorts.
- Linking you Magic Bands to your park hopper passes and Credit card make life so much easier (you need a pin # to use it). You will get a one time debit/credit charge for the combined total of all your purchases on the last day (it was a lot!).
- Take a picture of you passes the moment you get them (just in case the get lost).
- If there is any chance of rain in the forecast, buy the .99 cent ponchos at Walmart (at least 2 per person in your group).
- Water is free everywhere. Bring a refillable bottle. to carry with you.
- Bring those small rechargeable batteries for your cell phone. We had 4, and used them everyday.
- Most rooms at the All Star Resorts have small refrigerators. Use the online grocery delivery service or have someone take you to Super Target.
- Bus Service was timely.
- Purchase any Summit Gear/Clothing as early as possible. If your CP is a tiny Flyer and wears anything smaller than a YM, forget it cause they wont have it anyway.
- Carry hand sanitizer.
- Carry a small travel deodorant. Use that deodorant when necessary. Nobody wants to smell you.
- Turn off your work email and send business to VM. Deal with it after your CP goes to bed. This is amazing bonding time that you will never get back.
- Pack less and do a load of laundry.
- Be there to support your gym's other teams.

There are more things that i can't remember right now, but all in all, this was an amazing trip that my CP (11), her sister (6), my wife and I will remember for ever. Now it is back to reality, tryouts and a whole new season.

Hopefully some of this info helps one of you. If not, just hit the shimmy button and move along.

Ok, I'm just going to travel with you and your family if we go next year. (Don't mind that mother/daughter following us, dear, she's never been to Florida before) Thanks for all the tips! :)

@russscarce disneyland is the "happiest place on earth" disney world is the "most magical place on earth" I have been to WDW 50+ trips but can't wait to go back to DL this fall. smaller is better! I'm looking forward to a bit more "happy" and a bit less "magic" my next trip!:D

I also love Disneyland so much more than WDW!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Really? I thought Disneyland didn't even come remotely close to comparing to WDW. Maybe it's because I've only been to Disneyland once and WDW 4 or 5 times. The only thing I preferred Disneyland for is the fact that everything is so close together.

Back