All-Star The Bump/pouf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

emo_wifey

Cheer Parent
Jul 13, 2015
I need help with this stupid thing. I tried a practice run with CP tonight. This is what we got.

Not bad I guess, much better than my first try last year. We didn't end up doing it very long last year and went to tight, slicked back ponies for the tinies. This year we're at least attempting them again.

I couldn't find my thing of Powder Play, but that's not my main issue. My main issue is the hair that goes over the top that looks all clean. How do I do that? CP's hair is super fine and staticy and the pony part I usually have to retease and spray a million times. I've watched videos on how to do both parts but her hair doesn't react the same way as the girls in the videos.

Help!

I have a kid with that kind of hair. A small clear ponytail is my magic trick. I part out the section I am going to poof, then separate a small section in the front to smooth over. I tease the rest with a fine tooth teasing comb and lots of spray. Then I smooth the part I left out back over, using just a little spray. Once I have done that i put a small clear ponytail holder about 2 inches from the base of the poof, flatten it against the head and push it toward to make the poof. I secure it with 2 crossed Bobby pins. Like this, but with teasing:
8. Poof - 25 Super-Easy Hairstyles Only Girls with Long Hair Will…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need help with this stupid thing. I tried a practice run with CP tonight. This is what we got.

Not bad I guess, much better than my first try last year. We didn't end up doing it very long last year and went to tight, slicked back ponies for the tinies. This year we're at least attempting them again.

I couldn't find my thing of Powder Play, but that's not my main issue. My main issue is the hair that goes over the top that looks all clean. How do I do that? CP's hair is super fine and staticy and the pony part I usually have to retease and spray a million times. I've watched videos on how to do both parts but her hair doesn't react the same way as the girls in the videos.

Help!

She is sooo cute! (I think the pouf looks pretty good, so thankful we don't have to do them.)

I have a kid with that kind of hair. A small clear ponytail is my magic trick. I part out the section I am going to poof, then separate a small section in the front to smooth over. I tease the rest with a fine tooth teasing comb and lots of spray. Then I smooth the part I left out back over, using just a little spray. Once I have done that i put a small clear ponytail holder about 2 inches from the base of the poof, flatten it against the head and push it toward to make the poof. I secure it with 2 crossed Bobby pins. Like this, but with teasing:
8. Poof - 25 Super-Easy Hairstyles Only Girls with Long Hair Will…

Thanks I will try this!

I found several videos on YouTube about how to make the bump...super helpful. I also use the little clear pony to hold the hair and then only use two bobby pins to push it forward, it stays in place and never goes flat. Good luck. I promise YouTube will help tremendously.

I do mine like so: (my hair is thick and doesn't hold tease at all)
-section off the poof area, put the rest in a pony (high pony, like its gonna stay there)
-spray a little hairspray on the small section of poof, tease, then spray again and hold it straight up for a few seconds, then let it fall back down. do that with all the poof until the last 2 sections of hair. For the last two sections I lightly tease the 2nd to last piece, so the next piece can easily cover the mess. The last piece i BARELY tease. Just lay it over and then smooth it over.
-take a small plastic hair tie. I bought a pack of like 250 for $5 at walmart a few years ago. Grab all the hair you want in the poof and shape it how you like, and then put the small hair tie in. Then I bobby-pin the hair tie in and use another bobby-pin to push it forwards. Tease the pony tail and then put the remaining hair from the poof in a separate pony tail (not sure if that makes sense?) and that will give it a little extra height.

I'm bad at describing things but thats the easiest way I know how to do a poof/pony.

Help!
It looks like the teased part is to far back. Maybe tease the front part of that section of hair more than the back. Then pull/smooth the other section over the teased part. Push both sections forward a bit before pinning with bobby pins. Smooth out the baby hair on the side of pony with hairspray (or spray bottle with water before hairspray) then comb with small fine comb.

Who wants to gofundme? I need money.

Help!

Looks like you've got the poof too far back. The pony should be straight up from the tops of her ears and the poof should end just in front of that. That will help with the shape. I have no advice for the hair itself since CP has the opposite - super thick, full hair.

Looks like you've got the poof too far back. The pony should be straight up from the tops of her ears and the poof should end just in front of that. That will help with the shape. I have no advice for the hair itself since CP has the opposite - super thick, full hair.

Having them lay on bed with head hanging off the edge works wonders to get the pony high. Easy on CP and mom!

Back