All-Star The "correct Way" To Twist

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2010
so this is my third season cheering. i have always round-off'ed right, even back in the day when i would just do them for fun in the grass and i had no idea what all-star cheerleading was. when i started working on my full, my coach at the time had me twisting left (the opposite way that i round-off.) he had assured me that it was not a big deal. i started working my full mid-season and by the end i was starting to throw it by myself. i started doubling over the summer, and mid-summer i switched to a new gym, where i'm at now. it took me half of the 10-11 season to get my double all the way around. a few weeks ago i was just playing around at the gym, and i thought, shouldn't i be full and doubling right because i round-off right? and i realized that when i do half/arabian throughs, i do my half to the right. so i worked on my full to the right, and when i was at the gym today i threw a two to right full on floor and everyone said it was much higher than my normal full. and i even started doubling to the right on rod and making it 1.5 way around.

anyway, my question is this: were you taught to spin a certain way because of your roundoff? i know people that roundoff left and spin right, and people that roundoff right and spin left. and i also know people that twist the same way they roundoff. i'm just curious now! :)

Back