High School The Count Down To State.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the schedule my coach gave us, there are 2 sectionals, one for fall and the other for winter, and the states is march 5th for us. I wonder how the ranking system is going to work to have the teams go. Maybe something like BHSVCGirl mentioned.
Just found out that cp's school team talking about trying to get a bid for Disney. It's October, people. People need time to plan and budget for these things. If they want to do it next year then fine but please don't first mention this now. :banghead:

Just found out that cp's school team talking about trying to get a bid for Disney. It's October, people. People need time to plan and budget for these things. If they want to do it next year then fine but please don't first mention this now. :banghead:

Yikes, I wonder how much it costs per person to go.. I'd think they'd want to plan for it next year as well since it's already (midish) October and you wouldn't have a whole lot of time to fundraise. Plus with the holidays coming up I could see how it would be stressful for parents to have to budget a lot of extra money for a surprise expense.

Yikes, I wonder how much it costs per person to go.. I'd think they'd want to plan for it next year as well since it's already (midish) October and you wouldn't have a whole lot of time to fundraise. Plus with the holidays coming up I could see how it would be stressful for parents to have to budget a lot of extra money for a surprise expense.
I've heard around $800 per kid.

Our coach did this last year. We were going to be competing at state. First, we were doing a full routine. Then, we were doing a cheer build. Then, our coach quit.

It was a relief because they never had any sort of a routine and, historically, they don't get homecoming routines until a week or two before the performance. I was picturing a hot mess of embarrassment for everyone.

Our coach did this last year. We were going to be competing at state. First, we were doing a full routine. Then, we were doing a cheer build. Then, our coach quit.

It was a relief because they never had any sort of a routine and, historically, they don't get homecoming routines until a week or two before the performance. I was picturing a hot mess of embarrassment for everyone.
This made me laugh and SMH sadly at the same time.

We're told this in advance, we already had to put 50 dollars in flight deposit in but we've been going since forever so they know how to plan the fund raising. That is a bit late to be told that they're going for the bid.

We're told this in advance, we already had to put 50 dollars in flight deposit in but we've been going since forever so they know how to plan the fund raising. That is a bit late to be told that they're going for the bid.
I agree. There is a meeting tonight so I'm
looking forward to hearing what the coach is going to say about it. If they want to go, let's put it on next year's calendar.

I'm a bad person to ask though because I just have no desire to travel (especially to Disney) for school cheer. There may be plenty of parents who are excited by this prospect and who will have no issue at all with going.

looking forward to hearing what the coach is going to say about it. If they want to go, let's put it on next year's calendar.

I'm a bad person to ask though because I just have no desire to travel (especially to Disney) for school cheer. There may be plenty of parents who are excited by this prospect and who will have no issue at all with going.
Is she sure that the team will at least make it to semis? It makes no sense to spend thousands of dollars going to a competition, only to be eliminated early on. Not saying you guys will be, it's just that I feel like coaches who make decisions like this on a whim are likely to have unprepared teams, and are unfamiliar with all of the time, work, money and planning that goes into competing at Nationals.

This is our first year in HS cheer. In SC State is near the end of November. Comps start at the end of September.

Is she sure that the team will at least make it to semis? It makes no sense to spend thousands of dollars going to a competition, only to be eliminated early on. Not saying you guys will be, it's just that I feel like coaches who make decisions like this on a whim are likely to have unprepared teams, and are unfamiliar with all of the time, work, money and planning that goes into competing at Nationals.
Probably not and again I agree completely. I missed the meeting tonight so will have to be updated on what happened.
Our parents also really have no clue that our girls are just not of the same caliber as the teams that go there and compete. They seem to think that if they simply had a little more tumbling they could beat some of the best teams out here.

I know the school team went two seasons ago for the first time ever with the old coach and not only did they not get into semis, they actually went to the parks the day they competed. Before they competed. I would have been so livid my head would have exploded. But it was a lame duck coach (they already knew she was leaving) and she just didn't care; the seniors wanted to go so they went.

I'm just wondering what the school board thinks about it. My state approved NCA nationals for the first time ever last year and as soon as they did that we contacted our school board and we had to put a whole proposal together so they could approve us going this year. so this proposal was a full year in advance. Also, everything regarding nationals was discussed at the tryout meeting with kids and parents. Also, first year in we are being really stragetic about what division to enter. It would suck to spend thousands and go down and suck. If we go down and do decent more reason for the community to continue to support us.

I'm just wondering what the school board thinks about it. My state approved NCA nationals for the first time ever last year and as soon as they did that we contacted our school board and we had to put a whole proposal together so they could approve us going this year. so this proposal was a full year in advance. Also, everything regarding nationals was discussed at the tryout meeting with kids and parents. Also, first year in we are being really stragetic about what division to enter. It would suck to spend thousands and go down and suck. If we go down and do decent more reason for the community to continue to support us.
As far as I know, only the AD needs to approve it. And why wouldn't he? We pay for his entire trip - flight, room, meals and salary.

My team has been making semis at least for 7 years and we just made finals for the first time ever this year, so it's worth our trip since we're legit about competing. A lot of the parents don't go on the trip and watch the online livestream Varsity does, it all depends on if they're willing to pay for the plane ticket and such.

As far as I know, only the AD needs to approve it. And why wouldn't he? We pay for his entire trip - flight, room, meals and salary.
I'm sure it's different everywhere. Here it's a process. I filled out Board of Education paperwork back in the summer. It just went through all of the channels and came back approved 2 weeks ago. Lots of signatures, votes, and meetings to go through before we get the ok to go. The AD, for us, is the first step on a long list of approvals.

I'm sure it's different everywhere. Here it's a process. I filled out Board of Education paperwork back in the summer. It just went through all of the channels and came back approved 2 weeks ago. Lots of signatures, votes, and meetings to go through before we get the ok to go. The AD, for us, is the first step on a long list of approvals.
I'm not sure what the outcome of the parent vote was yet; there did not seem to be a deadline to submit it and they only way they could even consider Disney is if they compete on December 12th and get a bid. Personally I'd rather see them not attend any out-of-state nationals, so I'm actually voting no for both options presented lol. I will however send her wherever her coach decides.

Back