OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Did anyone see tonight's episode? Ava looks scarily thin. I am a little less woried seeing what her mom's frame is like, but even still.
exactly my thoughts. When they showed her from the side , or whenever she turned to the side i got even more worried

Just watched it but yes, Ava does look extremely scary thin. I can't imagine there's any fat whatsoever on her body. I know people are naturally thin but I don't know if I'd say that is "naturally thin." And I kinda agree with Abby about Ava's arms, they do kind flail around and draw negative attention.

I was so happy for Nia this episode. I adore that girl. But I am not happy with what Abby says to her in the previews for the next episode.

I feel like I am going to want to get upset over what Abby says to Nia next week, but then I'll just remind myself that Dr. Holly has free will and willingly subjects her child to that woman day in and day out.

Regarding Ava. I honestly didn't notice how skinny is. I know she's skinny but I wasn't alarmed probably due to her age and her mom's build. But then again the mom could be problem. Who knows.

Abby Lee Miller just came into work during a Lifetime Channel Shot for a Q&A. Most of my office didn't have a clue who she was. She talked about Maddie A LOT, but gave some insight into production etc. She came across really well but looked like she ran head first into a makeup counter.

I'm really disappointed that I left the room really liking her.

I'm really disappointed that I left the room really liking her.

Me too! Haha. But that's awesome! Can you remember anything she said about production? And can you recall what was she saying about Maddie? (isn't it ironic that I'm listening to Chandelier at this very moment? Lol).

Did you guys see that Abby Lee Miller and the show Dance Moms are nominated for Emmys? I hope to god that woman doesn't win. Could you imagine her wrath if she won? If anything, she should get some sort of award for how many times she could fit the word "Maddie" into a pyramid speech like she did in last weeks episode.

I know it's a show but does anyone know if she's as bad as she seems on TV as she is in real life? I want to believe she's not so bad.
A lot of the stuff Abby does is exaggerated for television. TREMENDOUSLY. I only met the girls a meet and greet one time. They say she's tuff, but all the stuff about Maddie is just extra for TV. Those weren't the exact words but, in real life, all of the girls are best friends and they still hang out with Brooke and Paige. Abby just likes to push the drama too far which is why the moms are upset. I can find the exact video of the girls saying things about Abby and the show if you like.

Me too! Haha. But that's awesome! Can you remember anything she said about production? And can you recall what was she saying about Maddie? (isn't it ironic that I'm listening to Chandelier at this very moment? Lol).

That the casting for the show was based purely on interviews rather than dance ability... which was what she used to defend her teaching style. Yeah right Abby. Also lots of stuff about the producers never setting foot in a dance facility and the story of how it got picked up. Lots of stories about her Dance school's success stories and tv production secrets in general.

She just gushed about Maddie but did say that anyone could be her favourite if they applied themselves. She also admitted that she's not an AMAZING dancer but just very dedicated to her craft.

She talked about her man... I wanted to yell "He's a BEARD" but I like my job so I refrained. Her ring is HUGE.

She also apparently tried to get into Google who work on the floor below us but nobody who she was so refused her entry. Brilliant. She's also a lot slimmer than I imagined. Nickleodeon have a channel shot here in October, I hope they bring a guest too!

Did anyone else think Maddie's solo was exceptionally good last night? It was probably one of my favorites so far.

Did anyone else think Maddie's solo was exceptionally good last night? It was probably one of my favorites so far.

Yeah I liked it was well. I would have liked to see Chloe and Kendall do it as well

I'm glad they pulled the playing with fire dance based on those tacky, little kid costumes alone

Last edited:
I saw somewhere on twitter or tumblr that one reason why Maddie might be favored over the others is because before the show started the ALDC was practically bankrupt and Melissa got her boyfriend to lend Abby some money to keep the studio afloat hence why Maddie always gets more privates then the others...Don't know if there's any truth to that, but it's a new take on things

I saw somewhere on twitter or tumblr that one reason why Maddie might be favored over the others is because before the show started the ALDC was practically bankrupt and Melissa got her boyfriend to lend Abby some money to keep the studio afloat hence why Maddie always gets more privates then the others...Don't know if there's any truth to that, but it's a new take on things

That is true. They won't say it but jt is. That is a messed up studio and before the show, Abby had no reputation. It was her mom that made many people famous in dance not her.

That is true. They won't say it but jt is. That is a messed up studio and before the show, Abby had no reputation. It was her mom that made many people famous in dance not her.

I feel like Abby rides on the backs of everyone else's accomplishments. She thinks she's made such a great name for herself but it's made of a lack of respect and demeaning comments towards children. She really has not done anything of importance. Sure she was Maddie's teacher and the kid is going places but she needs to hush up. When Beyoncé wins Grammy after Grammy, do you ever hear about her vocal coach? No. Is her vocal coach preaching how she made her and deserves all the glory? No.

Her persona on Dance Moms is extremely childish. Claiming to pull a number because someone hurt your feelings? (Even though I know it was disqualified for the fire). Playing with children's feelings and taking things away for the smallest reasons? So immature. I don't know how much if it is scripted, edited, or real but it's so stupid and hurtful to those girls. All of them, even Maddie. I don't know how she claims it's tough love because most times it's borderline verbal/emotional abuse. And she thinks she's so much better than everyone.

And Melissa needs to grow a pair.

Honestly I don't know why or how Melissa just sits there and let's Abby take all the credit for Maddie?? She isn't Abby's kid, she is Melissa's! She raised her into the person she is and Abby sits there and takes credit for what a great kid she is. She might have taught her to dance but she didn't teach her all of the other things that make Maddie a sweet, nice, humble, well mannered young lady.

Honestly I don't know why or how Melissa just sits there and let's Abby take all the credit for Maddie?? She isn't Abby's kid, she is Melissa's! She raised her into the person she is and Abby sits there and takes credit for what a great kid she is. She might have taught her to dance but she didn't teach her all of the other things that make Maddie a sweet, nice, humble, well mannered young lady.

Actually I wonder if Maddie is as sweet, nice, humble etc as she used to be or if her "fame" is going to her head

She's made some smart butt comments in the interviews they kind of made me side eye her.

And then in last weeks episode when she was sitting on the floor with Chloe and Kendall. I can't remember exactly what was sad but I know maddie's reaction...especially her facial relation gave me a "what a meanie" vibe

Back