All-Star The Future Of Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
With tumbling already being limited this season, and perhaps it being even more limited next season - Do you think stunting will be limited as well? I've heard rumors that rules have already been written (I'm hoping to be voted on) to limit stunting. Whats everyone's thoughts?

I understand where USASF is coming from. Yes, they want to keep us safe, but it will affect the Sport drastically. Stunting makes the sport, really. I can understand maybe them saying; if you're going to do lets say a full up tick tock, you have to do it this way to make it safe, but taking the skill away completely....:confused:

With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if this self-same committee that limited tumbling without the rules process would do the exact same thing with stunting.

People need to realize there are ways to make cheer safer without capping skills. Deduction penalties for bad technique seem like a good idea to win. Take the worth out of a skill that doesn't hit often enough to be competition-ready and safe.

What did you hear would be limited? The NACCC is a committee with their own agenda I keep hearing. If this is the case then maybe they do have their own agenda. Makes ya wonder though.

I heard that doubles were to be gone based on the no doubles in college scenario and that the stunts would be limited. Not by rule, but making only 3 criteria count and any extra would not increase the score thus limiting risk taking for no reward. It is kind of backhanded so to speak, but, you can do it but it will not help your score and will kill you in execution if you mess up.

I hope what I heard is all rumor or speculation, but I do trust my sources.

I heard that doubles were to be gone based on the no doubles in college scenario and that the stunts would be limited. Not by rule, but making only 3 criteria count and any extra would not increase the score thus limiting risk taking for no reward. It is kind of backhanded so to speak, but, you can do it but it will not help your score and will kill you in execution if you mess up.

I hope what I heard is all rumor or speculation, but I do trust my sources.
Im confused? Do you mean that they now want to take away double fulls as in tumbling because of the college scenario where they compete on a hard floor?

Im confused? Do you mean that they now want to take away double fulls as in tumbling because of the college scenario where they compete on a hard floor?

From what I have heard.... yes. This was from the source who also told me about tumbling being limited and then a week or two later. BAM! Email from USASF on new tumbling rules.

They don't compete doubles because they are on a hard floor...are we switching to a hard floor or something? We got mad because they took away standing floors and whip passes....think about taking away doubles...that will be insane.

They don't compete doubles because they are on a hard floor...are we switching to a hard floor or something? We got mad because they took away standing floors and whip passes....think about taking away doubles...that will be insane.
Welp, we're all going to hell in a handbasket. Which don't have steering wheels..

You're preaching to the choir. I just got wind of it myself. Not saying its true as I can't back it up with facts, but I can't imagine what you could take out of Level 5 stunting? Double Downs? Major Release moves? Just wanted to see what discussion would come out of stunts being limited?

You're preaching to the choir. I just got wind of it myself. Not saying its true as I can't back it up with facts, but I can't imagine what you could take out of Level 5 stunting? Double Downs? Major Release moves? Just wanted to see what discussion would come out of stunts being limited?
The only thing I could see them limiting is maybe double ups. Or maybe say you can only do 1 and 1/2 rotations for fulls ups. I could see them limiting transitional elements too.

ETA: I don't want them to limit anything. I could just see them limiting these things.

I feel like stunting is the same as tumbling. There are so many teams out there that aren't ready to learn the next thing or the next progression but are forced to be competitive. Ive seen inversions go horribly wrong. Ive seen coaches explain how to do a level 5 inversion and the first time a group tries it, no spots!

Again, as for the same solution for tumbling - Make the execution worth more but don't limit the difficulty!

Back