OT The Hunger Games Trilogy.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 2, 2011
Who read these books? I loved them with a passion. Best books i've EVER read. I'm going to start to re-read them. I finished them in a week i couldn't stop reading these, amazing !

I've read the first two, never got to the third. Reading "Ranger's Apprentice" right now.

My 17 year old son, who never likes to read, loved the books and insisted that I read them. I read them and loved them.
He even got his sisters to read them. We have never had discussions about books in my house before, but now everyone is talking about The Hunger Games and asking each other where they are in the story, etc.... As a avid reader I am loving this!!

I loveeed those books! i read all 3 withing a week, I couldn't put them down!!! :D

I got the first book in the morning at my schools library, started reading it walking to class (I'm a geek) and was anti-social for the rest of the day, I could not put it down, I finished it that day. I returned it the next morning and the librarian said, "You didn't like it? You didn't even have it for that long!" If you guys liked The Hunger Games trilogy, you should read The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. It's somewhat similar to The Hunger Games in many aspects. I've only read the first book, but as soon as I find some time, I want to read the second (I have it, just gotta read it) and third one when it comes out. My friends also read The Hunger Games trilogy after they read the other book I suggested to them and loved it. Finally they find I have a good taste in books... :p
And cheermom5678, I love that entire post. Once you find a type of book that you like, reading becomes so much more enjoyable. I hope your son finds a lot more books he is interested in reading, because it's such a great thing.

I work in a high school school library. All the kids say what book can I read, I hate to read or I have to read. The "IT" books of the year. The Hunger Games ... oh, that doesn't look too good or that's not my type of book but I'll try it. The next day, OMG! Hey all you cheerleaders ... READ The Hunger Games Triliogy ... The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay ... by Suzanne Collins. You'll be hooked:)

Such a good series! It's in the "dystopia" book genre, along with The Maze Runner (James Dashner) and Matched(Allie Condie) which are also similar. All 3 series are fantastic reads.....just set aside a whole day to read if you're planning on starting one of those series, as you wont be able to stop!

I'm usually not a big fan of reading for fun, but my best friend told me that they were amazing and I had to read them so I decided to. Those were the best books ever! I'm gonna be one of those people that dress up and go to the midnight premier when the movie comes out!

i remember my 6th grade year at one point every kid was reading the hunger games. I loved the first 2 books but the 3rd one really sucked, that i eventually just jumped around the pages and then read the last page.

i remember my 6th grade year at one point every kid was reading the hunger games. I loved the first 2 books but the 3rd one really sucked, that i eventually just jumped around the pages and then read the last page.
are you kidding? the third book was amazing !

Back