All-Star The Majors... What Do You Win??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was taken in Texas in a museum, i hope all you Americans do not think Liverpool is located the same in the picture, i can tell its like the opposite side of the country!
312g4l1.jpg
Yes probably between 2-3 hours from Liverpool to London. I was born in Northhamptonshire...I think anyone that wins would def enjoy the trip!!

I just posted a similar thing on the Majors video page but ... I cant help feeling like the winners will be expecting this amazing trip, and it wont be. The UK and Europe has some good teams but no where near as many as the US nor in the quantity that the US has. I just cant help shaking the feeling that they'll come here and be thinking 'we won for this'. Personally I can't wait, I live in Liverpool and Jamfest Europe is our home comp, and to see ANY of these teams perform will completely blow me away. I get why Jambrands is doing it - to increase the profile over here but I dont know if it is to the expense of the winning team :confused:
I doubt that any of the American teams are looking at the trip as a chance to watch cheerleading. We can get that experience every weekend here. I think it is more about meeting new people, being ambassadors for the sport, and getting new experiences that most kids that age rarely get to have.

This was taken in Texas in a museum, i hope all you Americans do not think Liverpool is located the same in the picture, i can tell its like the opposite side of the country!
312g4l1.jpg

Oh dear Lordy, London is 4+ hours from Liverpool. Liverpool is actually just above Wales (Draw an imaginary line up to the coast from the letter I in 'Liverpool')

I think it is more about meeting new people, being ambassadors for the sport, and getting new experiences that most kids that age rarely get to have.
Oh in that case, anyone want a tour guide/ambassador meeter-upper??? Anyone??? ;)

And Liverpool is actually closer to Birmingham (not the one in Alabama) than London!

Not that I've ever been there, but I would love to have the chance. Such incredible history and art and architecture....sigh.

The winners are going to have an incredible opportunity.

I just posted a similar thing on the Majors video page but ... I cant help feeling like the winners will be expecting this amazing trip, and it wont be. The UK and Europe has some good teams but no where near as many as the US nor in the quantity that the US has. I just cant help shaking the feeling that they'll come here and be thinking 'we won for this'. Personally I can't wait, I live in Liverpool and Jamfest Europe is our home comp, and to see ANY of these teams perform will completely blow me away. I get why Jambrands is doing it - to increase the profile over here but I dont know if it is to the expense of the winning team :confused:

For an American team it will be amazing to get to compete outside the US. Sort of like a lot of the international teams love coming here to compete at Disney and experience a vacation here. I for one would be thrilled to compete in Europe even if it was a tiny competition because afterwards I would get to sightsee. Many of these athletes probably wouldn't ever go to Europe otherwise so it is an amazing opportunity to travel.

And Liverpool is actually closer to Birmingham (not the one in Alabama) than London!
Not that I've ever been there, but I would love to have the chance. Such incredible history and art and architecture....sigh.
The winners are going to have an incredible opportunity.
Birmingham has NOTHING on Liverpool in terms of culture, art, history, architecture etc. Liverpool was the European Capital of Culture in 2008 and has had billions spent on it. I love the museums (all of which are free :D ), the docks, the nightlife (although the 'kids' wont get to experience that ;)), the music...oh just about everything. It will be an incredible trip I just wasn't sure if they were expecting a lot more from it. It isn't like a Disney vacation and I suppose some of this stems from the fact that the UK is on the European continent but doesn't really feel 'European'.

Birmingham has NOTHING on Liverpool in terms of culture, art, history, architecture etc. Liverpool was the European Capital of Culture in 2008 and has had billions spent on it. I love the museums (all of which are free :D ), the docks, the nightlife (although the 'kids' wont get to experience that ;)), the music...oh just about everything. It will be an incredible trip I just wasn't sure if they were expecting a lot more from it. It isn't like a Disney vacation and I suppose some of this stems from the fact that the UK is on the European continent but doesn't really feel 'European'.

My comments were intended to be about England in general, rather than Birmingham opposed to Liverpool. Sorry about that.

My comments were intended to be about England in general, rather than Birmingham opposed to Liverpool. Sorry about that.
Ah ok, no worries. I was a little confused LOL

Does anyone know if the winning team will get to sight see any other part of the UK or will they just be staying in Liverpool, not that there isn't more than enough to keep the occupied for a month in Liverpool alone ;)

Ah ok, no worries. I was a little confused LOL

Does anyone know if the winning team will get to sight see any other part of the UK or will they just be staying in Liverpool, not that there isn't more than enough to keep the occupied for a month in Liverpool alone ;)
A little trip over to Manchester would definitely be appreciated by a lot of people. Also a great city to visit...

Back