OT The Voice Vs. American Idol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

flcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
I feel like The Voice has consistently better singers than American Idol. I think this season of American Idol is pretty weak - I haven't really liked anyone. I don't really watch regularly but I enjoy The Voice singers so much more. I wonder if it is because American Idol is after a look they think they can market and The Voice is more about the talent.

I think The Voice has a concept that shows unbiased assessments of the participants talent and then the judges cultivate the talent by working with the product at hand... Whereas, American Idol make judgment based 1st, on appearance of the talent and 2nd, the talent and then force the talent to compete in areas that advantage some...I like The Voice formula because it is more the old way music industry chose their talent and may the artist development team to cultivate and polish the talent...
I have heard numerous times that legendary performers, if they have gone on American Idol will never passed the mustard...Because of their looks or other aesthetic reasons...

PS: I prefer The Voice, but the judges' antics are overshadowing the talent, especially, once they leave the show...

Last edited:
There's one boy on American idol who is so cute that I watch for him but other than that I don't really ever watch it all the way through

Whens the last time either show has produced a winner of great success.......

I thought the same thing - but I at least enjoy watching the voice they seem to have much better singers. I feel like American Idol has run its course.

AI...., Carrie underwood and of course Non winners Jennifer Hudson and Daughtry, it's been a while!
I love me some Kelly Clarkson, Queen of Cheer mixed music... I used to love going to c heer competitions just to hear her sounds in every routine...

AI...., Carrie underwood and of course Non winners Jennifer Hudson and Daughtry, it's been a while!

I was being entirely facetious. Although I would add Jordin Sparks and scratch off Daughtry...esp since from what I understand (his music isn't my thing) he's a "band" and not a solo act.

At any rate, my point is both shows don't succeed (The Voice) or no longer succeed (Idol) in producing viable music acts.

It's a shame because I relatively enjoy The Voice...until blind auditions are over

I wish X Factor lasted in the US. I like that it takes Into account that present day it's not enough to be able to sing, you have to be able to entertain and have some form of charisma. But again...the U.S. Version didn't churn out successful winners. I think 5th Harmony has found the most success and they came in 3rd or 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The voice: Cassadee Pope (formally from Hey Monday) and the young blonde country singer.. Can't remember her name..

The voice: Cassadee Pope (formally from Hey Monday) and the young blonde country singer.. Can't remember her name..
I feel like it was so unfair that Cassadee was on the Voice because she was already somewhat famous from Hey Monday. Also I'm still not over that Heh Monday broke up :(

I feel like it was so unfair that Cassadee was on the Voice because she was already somewhat famous from Hey Monday. Also I'm still not over that Heh Monday broke up :(

Ugh, most devastating break up :(.... besides the Jonas Brothers break up..

Fun fact: I discovered Hey Monday while reading an article in the 'American Cheerleader' magazine, about Cassadee talking about how she used to be a cheerleader in HS ;)

Back