All-Star The Wire Article On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually did that with a group of friends on facebook once. Ten people with the same profile picture can make conversations pretty confusing. It was a lot of fun for us though :D

My friend's facebook photo got stolen and some random person was using it for a fake profile. Another friend stumbled across it by mistake. My poor friend was freaking out! Completely beside herself!

So what do all my friends and I do? We also switched our profile pic to the picture :) It made for a very chaotic, yet funny day! She wanted to kill us all ;)

In cp's school it's the other way around. The cheerleaders were always the ones who didn't make danceline/kickline.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Ours is neither. Competition dance and allstar cheer both have their groups that just end up on the high school teams (plus a few ex-gymnasts). There's a competitive dance studio 30 seconds from the school on one side, and an allstar gym 30 seconds to the other side, so we have options and by high school everyone has chosen one over the other. We do get dancers in the cheer gym who want to learn aerials but other than that there's really no overlap between the two, and believe me, nobody's getting us confused!

Yes. Especially considering it's usually followed up with something like "Same thing. They're just the girls who didn't make cheerleading."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on this! My school doesn't have many dancers in general (so there aren't tryouts), and some of the girls who don't make cheerleading do go to our dance team to work on motions and what have you (some background: no allstar gyms in the area and a school of about 150 kids) Most of our dances are pom so it works out. I was part of that group. However, when we started the season we had 16 girls. Of those 16, I think only 6 tried out for cheerleading. And 2 of them had made cheerleading. Even if I make cheerleading this year, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be on the dance team again this year. The point of this rant (yes there is one): neither is a second choice. They're different and fun in their own ways.

The dance team at the school where I work is highly competitive. So there is no overlap.

Many of the girls have been dancing since elementary school. So you're either going to cheer or dance and going into middle school it becomes a "pick one" thing because the level of skills required becomes too high to just "jump in." Make sense?

The teams support each other, they just do not have that overlap because many of our girls have been doing cheer OR dance exclusively for a number of years. It's hard to (for example) cheer through 9th grade and just magically decide to learn all the skills needed to dance with them because the pool of talent is so advanced. Make sense?

Sort of like playing volleyball until you're 15 and deciding you want to be on a Level 5 cheer team and try to get a spot amidst a pool of girls who have cheered since first grade.

Considering the amount of volleyball players that don't like cheerleaders because they "stole" nike pros, I've come to the conclusion that all sports hate each other.
LOL seriously? I guess they hate us because of Nfinity too. :rolleyes:

Kinda relevant funny story: I guess last year one of the guys at my school (I think it was a football player) said that girl's basketball wasn't a sport. Can anyone explain that one?

Kinda relevant funny story: I guess last year one of the guys at my school (I think it was a football player) said that girl's basketball wasn't a sport. Can anyone explain that one?

I am going to say that he probably doesn't think that anything females "play" is a "sport".

Back