All-Star Theroadtoworlds.com - Ready For 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Says they dropped down to 354 bids total on twitter. I wonder what is the fewest amount of bids they could offer and still turn a reasonable profit with their current model? (Just thinking out loud)

Good luck to all going after bids this year!

Says they dropped down to 354 bids total on twitter. I wonder what is the fewest amount of bids they could offer and still turn a reasonable profit with their current model? (Just thinking out loud)

Good luck to all going after bids this year!

Yeah, most of that is due to the reduction from 3 to 2 at large bids per paid bids. So there's about 80 less AL bids this year.

But the bid total basically match the 2013 season (which is the earliest I have data for) so it's not much of a loss.

Yeah, most of that is due to the reduction from 3 to 2 at large bids per paid bids. So there's about 80 less AL bids this year.

But the bid total basically match the 2013 season (which is the earliest I have data for) so it's not much of a loss.

Which I know is what the fan base is screaming for - less at large bids and less teams with no chance at all to place top ten. I just wonder what is the point where it no longer becomes feasible to have the event? More financially than from the sporting aspect of it. Like 200 bids, 100 bids, etc.

There were about 430 bids in 2014 correct? How many teams competed at Worlds in 2014? I was under the impression that there were a number of at large bids that didn't get used so the decrease in bids being offered may not necessarily mean there will be comparably as many less teams at Worlds.

There were about 430 bids in 2014 correct? How many teams competed at Worlds in 2014? I was under the impression that there were a number of at large bids that didn't get used so the decrease in bids being offered may not necessarily mean there will be comparably as many less teams at Worlds.

430 bids offered. At the end of the season there were around 350 active bids. I'm not sure if all of those teams actually made it to worlds, but once you factor in declines and upgrades, that's the number I had.

We could end up under 300 active bids at the end of the season.

Which I know is what the fan base is screaming for - less at large bids and less teams with no chance at all to place top ten. I just wonder what is the point where it no longer becomes feasible to have the event? More financially than from the sporting aspect of it. Like 200 bids, 100 bids, etc.

I think this is a great idea and was so glad when they announced one less at large bid for each full paid. It will make going to Worlds a bigger deal.

Why thank you :)

I'd really like to add more international bid comps/bid winners. I need the help of our international boarders for that!

Post and introduce in the International threads.

I think this is a great idea and was so glad when they announced one less at large bid for each full paid. It will make going to Worlds a bigger deal.
I need someone to explain this to me. They didn't use the bids they had allotted so they are offering less, but I still don't see how that means there will be significantly less teams at Worlds. I see this as there will just be a greater percentage of bids offered that will get used. How many less teams do we think will be at Worlds this year versus last? I don't see there being a significant change.
Varsity I mean USASF is in this to make money, and I am ok with that. The at large teams fund the paid bids. I don't want to see the paid bids decrease so you need the at large support.
Thanks for all of your hard work @Ashley. It is great to have all of the information in one place!

I need someone to explain this to me. They didn't use the bids they had allotted so they are offering less, but I still don't see how that means there will be significantly less teams at Worlds. I see this as there will just be a greater percentage of bids offered that will get used. How many less teams do we think will be at Worlds this year versus last? I don't see there being a significant change.
Varsity I mean USASF is in this to make money, and I am ok with that. The at large teams fund the paid bids. I don't want to see the paid bids decrease so you need the at large support.
Thanks for all of your hard work @Ashley. It is great to have all of the information in one place!

It's not that they didn't use all they had allotted - very few events didn't have enough teams to give bids to. I think last season it was maybe one competition. Some of the at large bids go away from teams upgrading their bids or declining them after the fact. Some teams that got an at large get upgrade to a partial paid when the partial paid winner goes on to win a full paid bid. That's going to happen regardless of how many at large bids are given out.

But when there are less at large bids to start with you'll end up with less teams overall. There will definitely be less teams at worlds this year because of it.

AL teams don't fund FP teams - EPs do. Event Producers use bids as bait to get teams to come to their event, so maybe they'll have less teams coming to compete when there are less bids to give out. But the USASF doesn't foot the bill for paid bid winners, the event producers do. The USASF still gets $285/athlete regardless of their bid status. So I don't really think it actually matters how many at large bid teams there are.

Now, if you factor in ticket sales from the families of those AL bid winners, maybe they affect it, but you could give out three times as many FP bids with the same effect.

Back