Thinking On Leaving Cheerleading Because Of My Mom. (sorry That Is So Long)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 16, 2012
This is hard for me to be honest, cheer is what I always loved to do (or at least try at home). I found an amazing gym in my city called "Jump Around, Cheer and Dance Studio" which have a coed team and gives group stunts/flexibility classes (max 15 persons per class) and you can make your own schedule with the classes... the thing is that my mom doesn't want to pay it, every month I should pay $44 - $50 for two classes of flexibility, one of stunts and also the cheer team (not included uniform and shoes which is like $30 more I think), my best friend got in the gym but my mom still saying no, I don't know what to do because it makes me so sad, its my biggest dream and she doesn't care about it, she is afraid that I will be a flyer (because my weight is 85 pounds) and I might get hurt (which is obvious that I will get bruises and stuff but I mean... I won't die) and today my best friend told me that they already talked about worlds and this sunday they are competing on UCA :( and that made me cry because I was thinking "Why can't I be there?". What can I do to make my mom understand that this is what I want? I tried everything but she won't hear me... Any cheer mom that can help me?.

Not sure how old you are, but if it was my child that truly had a love for something, and made it happen for herself, I would be hard-pressed to say no.
Can you get a job or babysit and work for the monthly fee? Can you carpool with your friend? Try to make it easiest on Mom. Work up the 1st month's money before you even discuss it again. Then you can say, "Mom, this means enough to me for me to already have the 1st month's fees." Responsibilty goes a long way with Moms.
As for her fears for your safety, baby, she's your Mom. We worry. ALL the time. Even when you're asleep. All I can say for that is that my cp has had WAY more injuries as a base than a flyer. Any good stunt group keeps their flyer as safe as humanly possible.
And, yes, actually, you could die. But you could find out the training and certification levels of the coaches you would be working with and let her know they're trained professionals, not random kids coaching.
Don't give up on a dream, pumpkin! Good luck!

Not sure how old you are, but if it was my child that truly had a love for something, and made it happen for herself, I would be hard-pressed to say no.
Can you get a job or babysit and work for the monthly fee? Can you carpool with your friend? Try to make it easiest on Mom. Work up the 1st month's money before you even discuss it again. Then you can say, "Mom, this means enough to me for me to already have the 1st month's fees." Responsibilty goes a long way with Moms.
As for her fears for your safety, baby, she's your Mom. We worry. ALL the time. Even when you're asleep. All I can say for that is that my cp has had WAY more injuries as a base than a flyer. Any good stunt group keeps their flyer as safe as humanly possible.
And, yes, actually, you could die. But you could find out the training and certification levels of the coaches you would be working with and let her know they're trained professionals, not random kids coaching.

Well I'm 17 (18 in June) I talk with her everyday about it and all she says is "I will think about it" and then she says "no because blah blah blah" and I get sad also the gym is one of the best in my country (Ecuador) and I was so happy I found it, I understand about her fears (maybe I'm being a little hard too) but a little support won't be hard. I will try to get a job and pay the first month and my uniform and shoes if I can... thanks for your help :)

No problem! And she's also probably a little tired of hearing about it. Just stay quiet for a bit, make your money, and come back to her when you're ready to go forward.

No problem! And she's also probably a little tired of hearing about it. Just stay quiet for a bit, make your money, and come back to her when you're ready to go forward.

umm yeah I think because she is like :banghead: every time I wanna talk about it hahahaha (my poor mum) thank you for all the help, means a lot<3

amen to that! We get pushups for dropping a flyer, but flyers get no pushups for kicking us in the face!

If you're good enough to make a worlds level team, talk to the coaches/owners of the gym and see if you can't help with other classes or in some way at the gym to pay your way. In the U.S. a lot of Worlds teams give this kind of opportunity to kids who have a love and ability for the sport but little ability to pay.

Buena suerte.

Back