All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was I the only kid who got the AG books every year, but never had a doll because my mom thought spending that much money on a doll was crazy? Reading all these posts has brought back elementary school jealousy!
I read all the books but I never wanted a doll! I was very tomboyish all throughout elementary school!

My youngest loves AG. She sets up huge scenes (usually cheer competitions and practices), and it's gratifying to see imagination at work. I used to worry about all that stunting hurting the dolls, but I got over it. Dolls are to be loved and played with. She has the cast and crutches set, and this year, she's asking for a wheelchair. I am reminded of this really cool story about an American Girl lending program at a NYC public library which is definitely in the true spirit of the holidays (and there's a really happy update, too).
My sister through my Samantha doll off the top of our bunk beds once and her leg broke off... We sent her to the doll hospital and they fixed her for us! So after that my parents didn't worry as much lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

@12stepCheermom ever been to Babyland General? I had cabbage patch growing up too and that place was the holy grail! If you stood around when they were born you could name one! (Remember how they came with birth certificates with their first and middle name?) It was close to my hometown so I have been several times. I was just telling my mom the other week that I want to take my kids!

@12stepCheermom ever been to Babyland General? I had cabbage patch growing up too and that place was the holy grail! If you stood around when they were born you could name one! (Remember how they came with birth certificates with their first and middle name?) It was close to my hometown so I have been several times. I was just telling my mom the other week that I want to take my kids!
I heard about this on the radio a few weeks ago. It sounds like the creepiest thing ever. Do they really announce "MOTHER CABBAGE PATCH IS FULLY DILATED!!!"?

Baahahaha @retiredl5cheer I'm not sure about that. It's been a LONG time (more than 20 years I would think) since I went so I don't really remember much except the tour and the thing where you name a doll. My mother is not overly enthusiastic about returning. Maybe that's why! Yikes. If someone yelled that I would be out of there fast!

I googled the website for it and the Xavier Roberts story is a little.. Odd.

I remember when Cabbage patch was all the rage when I was in HS in the 80's...they were impossible to get them, like Furby, Tickle me Elmo etc. I think I still have mine. Then they made a comeback several years ago. My girls don't know what to do with theirs though.

The AG dolls - my oldest one who just turned 12 sometimes dresses and displays hers - she doesn't play with them. My 10 yo plays with hers, teaches them "school" but most of all stunts them! lol

I always wanted the Kit doll but Josefina was my favorite book doll.

Dating myself but Josefina wasn't even around when I was in my AG-phase. I had Kirstin and all of the books for the different dolls. I didn't play with her too much because I was afraid that I would mess up her hair but she did get outfit changes every now and then. I was obsessed with her storyline though, to the point that I convinced myself since I am blonde I could be Swedish too and celebrate all of the holidays just like her. haha

Dating myself but Josefina wasn't even around when I was in my AG-phase. I had Kirstin and all of the books for the different dolls. I didn't play with her too much because I was afraid that I would mess up her hair but she did get outfit changes every now and then. I was obsessed with her storyline though, to the point that I convinced myself since I am blonde I could be Swedish too and celebrate all of the holidays just like her. haha

Yes Kristin. She was another one of my favorites. She's the one with the wreath and candles head ware, right? I also enjoyed Samantha. I think Felicity an Molly were my least favorite. And Kit.

Yes Kristin. She was another one of my favorites. She's the one with the wreath and candles head ware, right? I also enjoyed Samantha. I think Felicity an Molly were my least favorite. And Kit.
Yup! Molly was my least favorite. I had Felicity, she was my favorite because she loved horses and so do I.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Yes, that was Kirstin. I believe the headwreath was for St. Lucia? I remember asking my mom for one for me so I could be just like the doll.

I think I had all the original dolls' books, and then I got Josephina and her book set for my birthday one year. That Christmas I got a ton of clothes for her and her arm broke off from changing her so much, so away to the doll hospital she went. Both of my sisters and I had bitty babies and we got dolls from a company called MyTwinn. Same concept as AG dolls that looked like you but they started their concept first.

Back