All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow sorry I offended everyone. I'm done ...

@HeresAThought btw I couldn't do a small party like that because I don't have a house to do it in and it's too cold outside and I couldn't afford to rent a place.

And no I'm not the only person struggling I'm well aware ... I'm done with the boards for a long time

@HeresAThought btw I couldn't do a small party like that because I don't have a house to do it in and it's too cold outside and I couldn't afford to rent a place.

And no I'm not the only person struggling I'm well aware ... I'm done with the boards for a long time

That I completely understand...but in the future, theres always the option of taking a few of her friends kids to a pizza place (CiCi's does $5 pizza...Pizza Hut typically has dine in deals) and bringing your own cake and sitting down to celebrate her birthday. No renting needed. It would roughly be the same cost of having the kids come to a house and you don't have to buy a party package via the restaurant..

Okay, I'll probably get lit up but I'm going to say what I'm thinking here....

Sorry if it wasn't what you've wanted to hear but you've made your financial situation very clear on the boards and many people regularly reach out to offer advice given your stated situation. So the extensive (and expensive) list of gifts that you didn't feel were sufficient is hard to wrap my head around, and probably is for others as well.

But perhaps I'm not current on your situation and it's improved. I would think the best gift ever would be independence and her own room in your own place etc which all the gift money could certainly work to get you out on your own. But maybe you're already on that road which is great and I hope that's the case especially if she's opening all these expensive gifts in the presence of the family (by what you said here) you're living with. I would think if you've been with them for any period of time it would be difficult for them to wrap their head around it too and I hope that doesn't cause you any issues.

But it's more likely I'm just an awful person to think it would make me raise an eyebrow...hopefully they are better people than I am.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Kris10boo I hope things get better for you. I totally get it. When life's challenges get thrown your way, all we want to do as a parent is make sure our kids don't feel the change too much if we can help it. As parents (especially mothers) we can beat ourselves up when we cant give our kid(s) what we want. You stated you have to tell her no all year long. Do what you feel you need to do to make Christmas special for her.

Kris10boo I hope things get better for you. I totally get it. When life's challenges get thrown your way, all we want to do as a parent is make sure our kids don't feel the change too much if we can help it. As parents (especially mothers) we can beat ourselves up when we cant give our kid(s) what we want. You stated you have to tell her no all year long. Do what you feel you need to do to make Christmas special for her.
Don't you think a lot of us tell our kids no all year long and still have to be careful what we spend for Christmas? In 20 years we have taken 1 family vacation and 1 parent only vacation, my daughter works to help us afford her college while raising a son and CP works to help pay for cheer. I am not trying to play any pity card but the point is this is an expensive sport and we all make sacrifices of some sort even at holidays and special occasions.

I am sorry kris10boo feels attacked bit as a previous poster said had she not always been on here talking about how broke she is and not sure how she was going to pay for cheer and then comes out with a pretty detailed expensive list of gifts, almost like she is bragging, it is going to raise some eyebrows.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I must be lucky.. My 8yo has NO CLUE what beats or even Nike pros are. She doesn't ask for anything by brand, ever.

Now my 6yo? He wants every toy they advertise on tv this time of year and within a few hours of the commercial can usually call it by name! ;)
My 9 year old cousin asked for all Justice and Under Armour this Christmas. She knew those by name, but when she asked me for art supplies she called Crayola "Corolla." So there's that...

Lol when I was younger my Christmas list basically had everything from the American Girl catalog on it!
I was way spoiled and I admit it, so don't judge me. I loved American Girl until I was 12 and got a doll every year for my birthday and Christmas. I would play with them for hours on end.
Either that, or she asked for a car...
HAH! Yeah I thought that's what she meant at first. She definitely meant Crayola because she referenced the Magic Wonder commercial.

I was way spoiled and I admit it, so don't judge me. I loved American Girl until I was 12 and got a doll every year for my birthday and Christmas. I would play with them for hours on end.

HAH! Yeah I thought that's what she meant at first. She definitely meant Crayola because she referenced the Magic Wonder commercial.
Haha so how many dolls did you end up with?! I just had one. I'm pretty sure my Felicity doll is still sitting in my closet at home with a broken arm...sorry girl.

Last edited:
Haha so how many dolls did you end up with?! I just had one but I had three AG horses. I'm pretty sure my Felicity doll is still sitting in my closet at home with a broken arm...sorry girl.
Well come 12 years old I had all the ones they'd ever made. I think 7 plus the "My American Girl," and Bitty Baby. I still have all of them and my four little cousins got a ton of use out of them too.

Back