All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

come on the poster was talking about CA black and blue. The one that won worlds in small girl. Duh

I was out of town with no cellphone signal so just getting back here now.
Here is some of the examples I was talking about:
CA "cheerlebrity"...conducts themselves professionally on social media (more than the average kid their age). I've never seen a inappropriate tweet or IG picture by CM, MS, HB (when she was there). I don't see them pimping a ton of products (except Cheerbandz, which is a helpful, athlete appropriate promotion) or advertising for "followers" on social media. At comps they really try to make the kids happy and take pictures, when they can't they explain the best way they can (remembering these are teens and not media managers). I chalk that all up to the coaches setting clear expectations of their behavior from the beginning and enforcing them. For example (and I may be off on the details) but a member of a team was dismissed at a comp a few seasons ago because he decided to put his team on blast when they had a bad performance.
"Cheerlebrities" from other gyms I have seen post inappropriate pictures to IG and then claim their account was hacked. Get into twitter wars with other people because they didn't like what someone said (and then rile up all of their followers to go after the person as well). Promote everything from diet pills to workout apps to their mom's Advocare business. Push other athletes out of the way to see a team perform because "don't you know who I am!" If the coaches don't address this behavior and make it clear it's unacceptable it just keeps going.
Honestly what I see is determined by who I follow. These are only my observations.

That is what we are shooting for, just curious to get someone else's perspective. FWIW, I haven't really seen anything wildly inappropriate from the other big "Cheerlebrities" at other gyms. (I don't really follow them that much, however.)

That is what we are shooting for, just curious to get someone else's perspective. FWIW, I haven't really seen anything wildly inappropriate from the other big "Cheerlebrities" at other gyms. (I don't really follow them that much, however.)
GASP, You don't really follow them? What gives you life then?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Knowing one that I believe has conducted herself beyond reproach I can tell you a small few will get some endorsement money, some are or will be paid to advertise on their accounts, some are doing clinics or gym visits for money and others promoting clothes, etc on websites for sale. But all of them are going to find out if they are going to make it in cheer they had better ask the Blue Cats and Popes of the world to find out what they need to do to be successful in cheer and I suspect it is a lot more than a the number of followers. For the rest that are not moving into cheer as a career may I suggest a great education, personal work ethic and the talent, drive and determination to make their career dreams come true. And this is the same for everyone, including those not well know or celebrities. There is no pot of gold at the end of their cheer career. Just the same opportunities everyone else has out there in the world. The one I know is officially the wire and plug girl for a news channel in Greensboro while working with the beat reporters starting out in the broadcast world. Just like everyone else.

anyone know how much can a "cheerleb" actually... $command$ (if i can use that word heh) when making a business deal, such as clinics. $100/hour?

They are in some gyms. Sometimes they are given preferential treatment. Some kids resent it. Some teammates like it, some don't. Some times practice time is interrupted for signings and pictures. Is it everywhere? No. But it's bound to be somewhere.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I guess we're fortunate that we don't have preferential treatment towards the "Cheerlebrities" in our gym. And practice would never be halted for autographs. Unless you're an athlete having practice you're not even allowed in the gym .

I guess we're fortunate that we don't have preferential treatment towards the "Cheerlebrities" in our gym. And practice would never be halted for autographs. Unless you're an athlete having practice you're not even allowed in the gym .

Almost every time I witnessed it, they were kids taking classes or camps in the gym. Teams come in to practice and boom, huge bottleneck in the lobby or just inside the gym doors for pictures and signings. And most of us noticed it was sort of encouraged. I mean, it's hard to stay incognito when your picture is plastered all over the place.

Almost every time I witnessed it, they were kids taking classes or camps in the gym. Teams come in to practice and boom, huge bottleneck in the lobby or just inside the gym doors for pictures and signings. And most of us noticed it was sort of encouraged. I mean, it's hard to stay incognito when your picture is plastered all over the place.

I can see the benefits of entertaining autographs etc. from the gym's perspective but what a distraction. It would NEVER be allowed to take place at our gym. They take practice all too serious for that.

I was out of town with no cellphone signal so just getting back here now.
Here is some of the examples I was talking about:
CA "cheerlebrity"...conducts themselves professionally on social media (more than the average kid their age). I've never seen a inappropriate tweet or IG picture by CM, MS, HB (when she was there). I don't see them pimping a ton of products (except Cheerbandz, which is a helpful, athlete appropriate promotion) or advertising for "followers" on social media. At comps they really try to make the kids happy and take pictures, when they can't they explain the best way they can (remembering these are teens and not media managers). I chalk that all up to the coaches setting clear expectations of their behavior from the beginning and enforcing them. For example (and I may be off on the details) but a member of a team was dismissed at a comp a few seasons ago because he decided to put his team on blast when they had a bad performance.
"Cheerlebrities" from other gyms I have seen post inappropriate pictures to IG and then claim their account was hacked. Get into twitter wars with other people because they didn't like what someone said (and then rile up all of their followers to go after the person as well). Promote everything from diet pills to workout apps to their mom's Advocare business. Push other athletes out of the way to see a team perform because "don't you know who I am!" If the coaches don't address this behavior and make it clear it's unacceptable it just keeps going.
Honestly what I see is determined by who I follow. These are only my observations.
Although I agree that what little I have seen from personal social media accounts is professional, I have to disagree that Cheer Athletics does not promote their cheerlebrities. A couple of years ago I remember seeing a big announcement that they were not going to allow their athletes to do any promotions and then at the next comp there they were - in uniform doing a promotion. A recent example - a Cheetah boy photo shoot (may have even been a calendar if I remember correctly) done by from what I read is the gym photographer. If that isn't glorified self promotion I don't know what is. I love CA, but they don't always practice what they preach in that regard.

Although I agree that what little I have seen from personal social media accounts is professional, I have to disagree that Cheer Athletics does not promote their cheerlebrities. A couple of years ago I remember seeing a big announcement that they were not going to allow their athletes to do any promotions and then at the next comp there they were - in uniform doing a promotion. A recent example - a Cheetah boy photo shoot (may have even been a calendar if I remember correctly) done by from what I read is the gym photographer. If that isn't glorified self promotion I don't know what is. I love CA, but they don't always practice what they preach in that regard.

You can't completely control what 1300 athletes do. We also have not said that we will never allow any promotions, only that we need to be involved in selection process to make sure they are appropriate. We approve some and decline some. Also, some people already had deals set up prior to us requiring permissions, so some of those were kind of grandfathered in.

The Cheetah boy shoot was NOT approved by us at all, but set up by one of the moms without our knowledge. We were not happy about the pictures at all when we saw them. She was selling the photos to use it as a travel fundraiser. We disallowed it as soon as we saw the pictures and she took our name off of it (at least she was supposed to). She had sold a few already but stopped selling any more. The photographer was given the impression we had approved it and was mortified when we called him about it.

Last edited:
You can't completely control what 1300 athletes do. We also have not said that we will never allow any promotions, only that we need to be involved in selection process to make sure they are appropriate. We approve some and decline some. Also, some people already had deals set up prior to us requiring permissions, so some of those were kind of grandfathered in.

The Cheetah boy shoot was NOT approved by us at all, but set up by one of the moms without our knowledge. We were not happy about the pictures at all when we saw them. She selling the photos to use it as a travel fundraiser. We disallowed it as soon as we saw the pictures and she took our name off of it (at least she was supposed to). She had sold a few already but stopped selling any more. The photographer was given the impression we had approved it and was mortified when we called him about it.
fair enough, however there was never any information given that it was not approved and all information (official photographer, etc) would lead most to believe it was.

Back