Tips On Balancing Out Your Day?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2011
Everyday is a busy long day for me between school and cheer. What I want to know is your day long a full to? And how do you balance cheer and school?

I'm always busy haha. Being 14, being on two teams, just going into freshman year in almost all honors classes plus having a boyfriend and some school friends is honestly so tough.
In the summer, I focus mostly on getting new skills and getting close to my team. I try to hang out with my friends and boyfriend as much as I can during the summer since the school year will make it harder to see all of them. When the school year and competition season starts, I have to go back to my hectic schedule. I try to get most of my homework done in school. When I get home from school I do my homework and then go to the gym. When I'm done with practice, I usually spend a little more time on homework. At the beginning of the school year before I start competing I try to hang out with my friends on weekends when I'm not in the gym at practice. I find that Saturday afternoon is the PERFECT time to study and work on school work. I'm usually at open gym until 1 on Saturdays and then I work on homework and hang out with my friends at night. Sunday's I go to church, sometimes hang out with friends and go to practice (this year I'm not sure if I'll have Sunday practice). During competition season, I try to do my school work in the hotels and in the car. When I'm not at a competition I use that time to hang out with friends and work on my school work.

I'm an Allstar Cheerleader as well as coaching three teams. I'm in theatre as well as show choir, in my school's Leadership Center, take honors/AP classes, and have a boyfriend of three years.

After school, I usually have something either involving show choir or theatre until about 4. I have work/practice starting at 5:30 three nights a week (sometimes earlier if I'm giving a kid a lesson), so after rehearsals, I go out to dinner and then go straight to the gym. Sometimes I'm a little early and get some time to myself to tumble. Depending on the night I usually get home between 7 and 9 at which point I start on my homework. I'm really luck to have a 45 minute period after 1st block called AEP (Academic Enrichment Period) which is essentially homework time, so I get a lot of my work done there. I go to bed around 10:15 and try to read for at least 20 minutes to settle downs some. My boyfriend and I eat lunch together every day, along with my friends, though he's really by best friend, and we see each other on the weekends.

My biggest advice is use your time wisely and plan ahead. Driving time is a great time to do homework. Especially long car trips, break out that AP text book. If you're missing your friends/boyfriend see if you can take them to competition with you. You get to hang out and they get to see what you put so much time into

Somehow, I manage to stay 'balanced'. I'm on two teams at my gym, coach the special needs team, all my classes are honors if they're offered at the honors level, I'm in a demanding school club called FCCLA, and not to mention I have my friends. I honestly have no clue how I do it...seeing as my little brother is also a travel baseball player, and I spend the time when I'm not doing my stuff, sitting at his 203498203948 games every weekend. But I agree with BowCat --don't get addicted to the fierceboard like us! ;)

Back