All-Star To All "graduating" Parents Lol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermominnj

Cheer Parent
Mar 6, 2011
Just wanted to see how all of the parents (and people who have aged out this past season) are feeling right now. I know that my daughter and I have mixed feelings. We are beyond sad that her Shooting Star career is over, and since she is in a community college, there isn't really a college team that she can cheer for. She gets to do family things this summer, but I notice she has been spending quite a lot of time at World Cup, helping out. It's going to be hard for her (and me) watching from the sidelines, although we will cheer all of our favorite teams on! We are sure going to miss it!Just checking to see how all the graduated seniors and their parents are feeling right now...

Different for me cause mine is graduating after four years of college. Its bittersweet. Its been a good experience every year but I will miss going to games, finding my daughter on TV, and cheering at Nationals. I won't miss going to Disney World! Been there, done that every year for 6 years.

I will miss walking around with the best cheer squad in the world, watching people's heads turn, seeing them comment to each other when we pass by, and knowing that we are the favorite every time we walk into a building to compete. I will miss seeing the veterans and noobs - the noobs especially, all wide-eyed and not quite knowing what to expect, being in awe of their "idols."

I will miss bowl games, pep rallies, alumni functions, parades and telling people in the stands, "that's my daughter down there on the field." I will miss SEC football games and NCAA basketball games that my daughter participates in.

All in all, i will probably be pretty bored most of the year.

Different for me cause mine is graduating after four years of college. Its bittersweet. Its been a good experience every year but I will miss going to games, finding my daughter on TV, and cheering at Nationals. I won't miss going to Disney World! Been there, done that every year for 6 years.

I will miss walking around with the best cheer squad in the world, watching people's heads turn, seeing them comment to each other when we pass by, and knowing that we are the favorite every time we walk into a building to compete. I will miss seeing the veterans and noobs - the noobs especially, all wide-eyed and not quite knowing what to expect, being in awe of their "idols."

I will miss bowl games, pep rallies, alumni functions, parades and telling people in the stands, "that's my daughter down there on the field." I will miss SEC football games and NCAA basketball games that my daughter participates in.

All in all, i will probably be pretty bored most of the year.
I feel the exact same way. And I also feel like fierceboard is no longer for me, because I'm not in that "world" anymore. I will, however, always be a rabid fan. Guess I'll hang around and stalk... :)

She is leaving a year earlier than expected because of an injury. The end of the season was almost harder than now. Last competition, last practice, last time at the gym, last banquet :(. I know she'll miss the friendships and being a part of a team so much and I think competition season will be really hard for her, but she's looking forward to doing all the things this summer she hasn't done for 6 summers, so that helps. For me I'll miss all that extra time with her, even just driving back and forth to practice and competitions. 5 years as a team parent, loved doing it, I'll miss all the kids. I'll miss the competitions, we'll be going to some next year but I'm sure it won't be the same. We'll follow the sport and all the gyms and teams we love to watch and I'll stalk the board. Really it's a blessing to have been a part of something for 6 years that you loved so much it's hard to leave.

I have mixed feelings as well, although my pocketbook is much happier ;) Luckily My cp will be cheering at Rutgers this year so we are beginning a new adventure. We have NO idea what is in store so it is I get to be the clueless mom wandering around campus asking where the Athletic Center is !!

She had a good run with All-Stars as she began in 6th grade. She competed at Worlds twice, making top 10 this year, so I think she is ready to move on to College cheer without too much regret. She is however already planning on going to Worlds next year as a spectator....Cant take the All-Star out of the cheerleader LOL

is she young enough to do a team for another year? i am a graduation senior and i was sooo sad when my last competition came around but then my coach told me that i was eligible to cheer one more season. i would have had no idea!

is she young enough to do a team for another year? i am a graduation senior and i was sooo sad when my last competition came around but then my coach told me that i was eligible to cheer one more season. i would have had no idea!

Yes she is eligable to be a "Super Senior"... But with her studies and RU cheer, it would probably be too much. Also as a freshman, students cannot have a vehicle on campus so it would be very difficult. I know some of the kids at RU do World Cup as it is fairly close. Maybe an open team in the future? For now, she is just focusing on college and I am 100% in support of that.

I think it's an awkward position to be in. Here you've spent, in our case, 10 years, going to the gym year round and now....nothing. My CP has also been at the gym helping out with the new teams and continuing to work out but for me it just ended. A little sad and trying not be too much of a "hanger oner" but I am interested in what is happening in the gym. It will always be our gym with people there that we love. We'll move on a little at a time and I'm sure eventually there will be other things to fill up our time but we will always be a cheer family!

She can't super senior. Her birthday is in June and she'll be 19. Maybe international? Lol

Back