High School Toe Backs On Dead Mat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2012
Are they hard on dead mat? I just got mine and it was on spring floor, and me being stupid I have been going to my local gym (which took replaced their dead mat with spring) and tumbling, only to get back to dead mat practices and not being able to do anything.

Standing tucks are the same, but what about toe touch tucks? I have been working on them more on dead mat, but I have no clue if it is easier or not. Opinions?

If you have s strong standing tuck on dead mat you should be fine. Adding the jump only complicates timing, not the skill itself its more a mental thing really. Good Luck !

If you have s strong standing tuck on dead mat you should be fine. Adding the jump only complicates timing, not the skill itself its more a mental thing really. Good Luck !
Totally agree. You just can't rely on the bounce from the toe touch and go straight to the tuck. You actually have to bend your knees more and use technique. That's the only difference!

I think they are super easy on the dead mat. I you are scared then get a spot the first couple of times. For me, the higher my jump the easy the tuck seems for me.

Honestly to me they are no different on the dead mat than on the spring floor.

Yeah I think it will be just mental for me haha but I mean I can do a regular tuck on a basketball court....but thanks!

Back