Too Late To Learn Tumbling?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 20, 2014
I was an all-star cheerleader for several years, but I have never been a good tumbler. I couldn't afford to take extra tumbling classes at the time, so I only got a back handspring.

I'm now in my early twenties and I've found a gym in my state with an open team that regularly places at worlds. It's always been a dream of mine to go to worlds, so I was thinking about taking tumbling classes until I have the skills to try out. Is it even possible to learn level 5 tumbling at my age? I've always been a pretty strong base and I have a lot of new found work ethic haha. Has anyone had a similar experience?

A thread has already been made about this, I think you'll find it helpful. I think it's called 'Too Late to Tumble'. Welcome to the Fierceboard!

Yes it is still possible to make a level 5 team at your gym as long as you have the stunting skills. Most cheerleaders your age will not have more than a running tuck. You can still work on gaining level 5 tumbling but do not be discouraged when 11 year olds will be throwing doubles. It will take a lot of hard work but anything is possible with the right mind set.

Back