All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

USASF doesn't have a problem with it. Disney has a problem with it. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't.
That's weird because at college nationals Disney doesn't say a thing. My point to the question is that the warmup times are short, but coaches have the option of partially warming their teams up in the grass before their actual warmup time. My team spends a good 45 minutes to an hour warming up in the grass at UCA before heading into actual warmups. (Our boys take a while to warm up, haha. They have to start with extensions and slowly work their way to rewinds and full ups to feel fully warm). Of course this is merely a band-aid for the problem but coaches should consider doing this if they are worried about short warmup times.

ESPN officials kicked us off of the soccer fields when were warming up. Perhaps some got away with it, but we didn't.

Once upon a time they broadcasted the live feed on the TVs in the hotels. My entire team went back to one hotel room, piled on the beds and watched the feed. Something as simple as that could get some people to leave.

I asked the USASF staff that were at the Caribbean why we did not have a live feed into the hotel rooms and their response was ~~ if we did that, the venues would not have enough live spectators.

How about this: until a bigger venue is found-give each athlete 2 tickets (or whatever the number may be) for parents/family to use. Tickets are only good for a certain division. Continue to have two divisions on at the same time, but after the two events are finished, clear the arena, and let the next group in.

I asked the USASF staff that were at the Caribbean why we did not have a live feed into the hotel rooms and their response was ~~ if we did that, the venues would not have enough live spectators.

This could help so much! Especially during prelims. Most people (with the exception of you hard core fans out there) want to see their team live and just get to see how the other teams have done. TV feed via Disney would be awesome!

As a temporary measure until they can leave the mouse house, what if they put some effort into the Josten's backdrop and made that the premier location. The milkhouse can accomodate the divisions with a smaller fan base. Create a loungey area in between the two where everyone sits to watch the screen, or on the baseball field... throw out a couple of bean bags and beach balls, have mini competitions throughout the day giving out free stuff - gym tees and lanyards and gift certs to pro shops or whatever. Have a trading corner to meet up in to trade tees and pins. Make it a fun space for athletes that didn't make it through to finals or even semis to relax and enjoy worlds if they don't want to sit in the remnants of someone's chicken tender fries and spilled coke for several hours. Enough of an adult/security presence to make kids aware that drinking and other forms of misconduct aren't welcome but not as strict as within the venues where you're constantly being told to sit down, move along, you can't sit here. It's the last comp of the season and a mini vacation for many, put in some effort for the best athletes around the world that are making Varsity millions of dollars.

As a temporary measure until they can leave the mouse house, what if they put some effort into the Josten's backdrop and made that the premier location. The milkhouse can accomodate the divisions with a smaller fan base. Create a loungey area in between the two where everyone sits to watch the screen, or on the baseball field... throw out a couple of bean bags and beach balls, have mini competitions throughout the day giving out free stuff - gym tees and lanyards and gift certs to pro shops or whatever. Have a trading corner to meet up in to trade tees and pins. Make it a fun space for athletes that didn't make it through to finals or even semis to relax and enjoy worlds if they don't want to sit in the remnants of someone's chicken tender fries and spilled coke for several hours. Enough of an adult/security presence to make kids aware that drinking and other forms of misconduct aren't welcome but not as strict as within the venues where you're constantly being told to sit down, move along, you can't sit here. It's the last comp of the season and a mini vacation for many, put in some effort for the best athletes around the world that are making Varsity millions of dollars.

I think the Milkhouse actually seats more with all that stadium seating. Josten's did a good job with the floor seating, but I think Milkhouse is bigger.

Ok hear me out. I agree that the "baseball field" option was annoying bc it was thrown together last minute but what if wasn't? What if it was the norm? There is more than enough seating and room. A stage could be set up in the outfield with a cool backdrop for all awards and the screens could be watched. If this was encouraged I think this could be an "alternative" watch partyish kind of thing.

I was a parent that was locked out. If my kid is competing I will have to come back next year. I know several people who came just to watch. Flew in, got hotels, bought tickets, bought food, got tshirts. They might not make the trip again if they have to worry they won't get in. Imagine the money they could make if they could accommodate even more fans. They need to cater to the fans not turn them away and lock them out. A great venue with a fun atmosphere would be awesome. It is now a spectator sport. Treat it as such.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think the Milkhouse actually seats more with all that stadium seating. Josten's did a good job with the floor seating, but I think Milkhouse is bigger.
Huh. Well ignore that point then :oops:

As I was paying $1000's to fly over from the UK to watch worlds I bought my worlds ticket months in advance as I figured they would stop selling tickets when they go above the crowd limit and I didn't want to pay $1000's and not have a ticket..when I arrived and saw that all saturday & sunday they were selling tickets at the front desk I was in shock after seeing the over crowding there! I 100% believe that a parent should get to see their child perform and I didn't like that the VIP section was so large with empty seats and the parent section so small. I think that the worlds layout could have been way better.

I think some people here are forgetting that it is an international competition. I was a "fan" but went to see the worlds teams from the UK as international families can't afford to pay over $5000 for a family of 3 to fly to worlds for 2/3 days! Had their fans not been there, there wasn't too much support from the general crowd (US parents/athletes/fans) form where I was standing which I wouldn't expect them to be as excited as watching sm sr/lg sr. Letting just parents have priority tickets and then only allow what is left (which won't be much) for the rest of the supporters simply wouldn't work for the majority of international teams as they'd be performing to a crowd who has maybe 100 people clapping along to their dance.

International flights aren't too regular going to TX, CA, GA..they are maybe okay for NY but very expensive. International teams also can't just fly there for the 3 days of worlds as flights aren't that regular so teams are there 1/2/3 weeks over the worlds period! I personally don't care too much for disney itself but the competition would need to be held in a city with lots of things to do around worlds as I don't see sitting in a hotel room as an option. I also spoke with a few people around me..when they were asking people to leave and not letting parents in..I could have pointed out maybe 100 empty seats when you'relooking at the stage on your left. I was in disbelief that there were so many seats in the VIP section and empty seats in the general section but they weren't letting people (esp. parents in)!

I totally agree that more/bigger venues are needed but I also think that people need to look at the bigger picture that this isn't cheersport or NCA where it need to be easy for the east/west coast to get to..it is the world championships and should accomodate people from around the world and not just the USA! Oh and putting LG sr. LG coed & SM sr back to back was NOT a good idea! Don't bite..just giving a perspective from the outside which I think is easy to forget!

Back