All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Worlds is much smaller than Cheersport or NCA or Jamfest.

I would love to see Worlds in Atlanta. In fact that's where the first Worlds was going to be. I even got some materials from Regan Rozypal about it being in Atlanta (wish I had kept it).

Yes! I vote this!

Has there been any advance in finding a new venue? Does anyone know?

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but I think they should switch it up every year. Like one year LA, then Dallas, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, Kansas city, etc. you get my idea, anyway- then it would keep interest in the competition and then make it fair for ALL cheer gyms. It would also have the mystery and excitement of announcing which state/city would have worlds next.

(Sorry again if this has already been suggested. I do not want to rip off anyone's ideas)

ETA

Just read the fb post about "changing location" never mind my post.... (awkward turtle)

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but I think they should switch it up every year. Like one year LA, then Dallas, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, Kansas city, etc. you get my idea, anyway- then it would keep interest in the competition and then make it fair for ALL cheer gyms. It would also have the mystery and excitement of announcing which state/city would have worlds next.

(Sorry again if this has already been suggested. I do not want to rip off anyone's ideas)

ETA

Just read the fb post about "changing location" never mind my post.... (awkward turtle)
I don't think you will find an arena or event center that would do a one year contract for something as big as this.

ultimately they should just not give out so many worlds bid.. it would solve a good majority of the overcrowding in my opinion. Also maybe moving the awards to a different location around the milkhouse somewhere, like the baseball field(yeah i know people didnt like having it on the baseball field last year, but its not like awards take all day, come on..) the only other location i can see them moving worlds, is california or maybe atlanta, but i doubt it.

ultimately they should just not give out so many worlds bid.. it would solve a good majority of the overcrowding in my opinion. Also maybe moving the awards to a different location around the milkhouse somewhere, like the baseball field(yeah i know people didnt like having it on the baseball field last year, but its not like awards take all day, come on..) the only other location i can see them moving worlds, is california or maybe atlanta, but i doubt it.
Less Worlds bids makes Worlds smaller. I don't like the idea of less bids but I do wish the venue was able to accommodate the crowds. But it's a shame that our premier event has grown and we can't handle it. Growth is a positive but it has to be accommodated!

I remember when they did have the international teams' competition held outside, along with the junior teams. Why not go back to that format? Check this out:
I also like the Anaheim idea. Please don't crucify me, but I like Disney Land better anyway. It doesn't aggravate my ADD and there are less crying babies!

Less Worlds bids makes Worlds smaller. I don't like the idea of less bids but I do wish the venue was able to accommodate the crowds. But it's a shame that our premier event has grown and we can't handle it. Growth is a positive but it has to be accommodated!
the whole point of worlds is to have the best of the best compete, and lets be honest some of the teams there that are sub par, miraculously got their bids, god only knows how.... im not trying to hate on certain teams, but ehh.... it just would make more sense to limit the bids they hand out, cause a change of venue is probably not going to happen anytime soon.

I think...
  • Lower the amount of teams to get bids
  • have international teams outdoors ( like RJsExtremeMom said )
  • Have a worlds for Junior 5 and Youth 5 teams at Disneyland (;
OR
  • Get more venues. Right now theres 2; (plus softball field but we wont go there). There should be 3 possibly four.

the whole point of worlds is to have the best of the best compete, and lets be honest some of the teams there that are sub par, miraculously got their bids, god only knows how.... im not trying to hate on certain teams, but ehh.... it just would make more sense to limit the bids they hand out, cause a change of venue is probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Some international teams *cough cough*

Sent my email. Basically, I said: "Standing in line to see my X-babies perform? Ummm..."
aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Some international teams *cough cough*
Y'know lady, we've been through this discussion sooo many times. You're not being funny, subtle or smart. We ALL know some international teams aren't up to American standards, just like there are many small senior teams that shouldn't be getting bids. Going on about it and making snide remarks isn't helping them get better or bringing any solutions to the table. It's not getting us a bigger venue. It's not improving the spectators' or athletes' Worlds experience. It's not aiding the growth of the sport and it's not helping families afford the jacked up prices. I don't care if you don't enjoy watching them or think they aren't good enough. The point is that they earned a bid as the best representation of cheer in their country and this is a WORLDS competition. Without international athletes its just another nationals. So have fun with that. And I sincerely hope you get some cough syrup.

I don't think you will find an arena or event center that would do a one year contract for something as big as this.

Agreed, because all of the major events in sports are required to have their event in the same location every year. Well, every major event not counting: Superbowl, Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, World Series, Stanley Cup, FIFA World Cup, NBA Finals, NCAA Final Four, PGA Championships, NCAA Title Game, and 99% of every other World and National Championship in every sport.

Agreed, because all of the major events in sports are required to have their event in the same location every year. Well, every major event not counting: Superbowl, Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, World Series, Stanley Cup, FIFA World Cup, NBA Finals, NCAA Final Four, PGA Championships, NCAA Title Game, and 99% of every other World and National Championship in every sport.

Finding something big enough to do year-by-year wouldn't be an issue, but I could see it being harder to work out the "extras" (athletes staying together-mostly, the transportation and the "activities"-theme parks, etc.)

Latest posts

Back