All-Star Top 3 Things You Wish You Knew Back Then...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

enjoy it more and not worry so much about winning how to slow down own the floor not to discourage your group or self when you cant get a skill as fast as everybody else and that i should have cheered my first year living in cali

1. Don't let the pressure of more skilled/experienced tumblers lead you to injure yourself while trying a skill you're not ready for.
2. GO TANNING. Nobody likes pale people at comps
3. Don't think that just because you're in cheer does not mean you can continue eating whatever you want.

:)

1. Don't let a bad coach get into your head and put you down so much that you lose interest
2. Don't let teammates put you down either
3. Put your red lipstick on right before you go to warm ups, it comes off and you won't even realize it

1. Don't cheer on a team you don't like. Find your fit!!
2. Don't just assume you have time to get skills and put them off. Always keep working!!
3. Get a stretching coach if you want to be a beast flyer
And my top:
Find a way to get adopted by Debbie love so you will be an amazing athlete and be able to tumble and stunt like a hoss

1. When your coach corrects you, yells at you, speaks to you about something, asks you to stop doing something, gets mad, and so on, it's not because they absolutely hate your guts. It's because they love you, and want you to be a better cheerleader and person. (Unless you are a huge pain, then they may not like you, but chances are they won't care enough to tell you what you are doing wrong :))
2. Injuries happen, but you can work around them, just have faith. Even though it might take a practice or two to switch things up and it might seem like the world is ending, you will always figure it out. It is not something that will be a quick fix, and that time spent changing the routine to accomodate an injury or add an alternate is not time wasted, but time spent well on something that is important.
3. Respect everyone. Respect your coaches, your teammates, your parents, your siblings, your teachers, your gymowners, your competitors, your judges, and so on. Everyone involved in cheerleading makes sacrifices for this amazing sport; thank those who help you do what you love and make your youth so special, appreciate those who you learn from, and make everybody proud to know you as a wonderful young cheerleader.

Work harder. Work so much harder.
Oh, and even though you don't like cheer all that much at first because you think you're not talented, don't give up. It will save your life one day more than any prozac prescription ever did.

love this cheer has always been my stress reliever and savior ive almost gone crazy this year because i dont have it

Other ones I thought of that are more specific-
1. Once you get your standing tuck, do it a million times a day until you don't even have to think about it. With proper supervision of course :)
2. Same with double twisting baskets, double downs, all twisting skills- don't let them slip away from you, practice practice practice until it is second nature!
3. Make your third jump in the triple toe tuck series the highest!

Back