All-Star Top Gun O4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the idea of O4. If gives those who, due to age or injury, can't keep up with L5/6 skills, but still want to compete. It's also great for the younger athletes to see what properly executed skills look like in a competition format. They'll get to see kick fulls that complete their rotation before being caught. I think it will help in skill progression and in the push for skill mastery before moving on to more difficult skills....I feel like everything I see is under-rotated or just barely eeks it around.

cheererinIL said:
I love this idea too and hope to see more of it this season.

However.. I'm pushing for Open 1. Any takers?

Well my bwo is non-existent but I have a fierce r/o thru to front roll step out cartwheel series. If I can be last pass I'm in.

Well my bwo is non-existent but I have a fierce r/o thru to front roll step out cartwheel series. If I can be last pass I'm in.
only if i can be point flyer...ive got a fierce shimmy n finally learned how 2 stay in my thighstand when i do it... ;)

I love this idea too and hope to see more of it this season.

However.. I'm pushing for Open 1. Any takers?

I definitely can't do a front walk over and my backbend kick over takes a solid 3 kicks before a slowly...very, very slowly kick over...a backwalkover wont be happening....

Open 2 might be a better fit.

This is where coaches have to be proactive and decide where they'd like the team to exhibit at. I knew US Spirit and COA had a great deal of Florida teams in attendance and would get our O4 some good exposure so I called the companies, spoke to them about the division and the best thing is...THEY GET TO GO FOR FREE!!!

The USASF made a statement about the trial here:
http://usasf.net/news/?id=252

Sorry for asking what may be a stupid question (and mostly off-topic) - but I just checked out that link and Level 6 can have 15 guys? I thought that was for Worlds only - but it seems like they changed the age rubric completely?

Also I can't see the video for some reason, can anyone post the direct youtube link?

Hey guys just keeping everyone updated with the progress on our Open 4...heres our Day 1 video from US Spirit Nationals...few issues here and there...but once again they only practice once a week and are hopefully just getting back into shape for when the division becomes official next season :) Feel free to comment...

I hope there will be more teams for this divison. We just finished up our season at Hotcheer, and our IO4 team was a success! We didnt actually comepete against anyone, we just performed as an exhibition team. It was a great oppurtunity for an old retired cheerleaders like myself, to get to be in uniform and again and perform. With the new and harsh USASF rules, we will be an Open 4 team next year, and hopefully, we will actually be competing =)

Thank You, I really push it for the athletes who've always wanted to keep going but cant. I know I'm not crazy and when the idea began surfacing there were at least 15 gyms advertising it or already holding placements and now they've all gone silent :-/
Especially if your a "train wreck" tumbler like myself .... LOL ... if you remember my last attempt to tuck when you did our choreo .... see this would be a perfect team for ME

Back