High School Touchdown Traditions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
What do you all do when your guys score a touchdown. Right now our girls throw the number of bhs . I think it might be cute to put the girls up in elevators and have them press extension the amount of points on our side of the score board. Thankfully we are not very good or they will get tired lol. What do you all do?

My cps' team does a dance with the band. Kind of like you would to a fight song, but it isn't really "our" fight song.

I graduated two years ago but we did a dance to the school's fight song and then whatever the score was we did that many push ups. My senior year our football team was really good so we did so many push ups.

We do a dance to the fight song. When the band isn't there we just do the school cheer that is in the fight song

My high school team did the most illegal thing ever. We did a stunt to look like a field goal. So there was a basket group, in front of that 2 shoulder sits where the flyers extended their arms in the shape of the field goal. In from of them there were catchers. The flyer from the basket group did a front layout through the "field goal" and landed in the front. Yup totally legal :))

A couple girls would break off and run the flags spelling out the mascot to the endzone and back (they were usually assigned before the game so they could take off quick and not cause confusion) and the rest danced to the fight song the band played

We usually did ripple backhandsprings, once we tried signs and told the crowd to yell with us and count the number, I don't really remember it well but it didn't work. They we would join in with whatever chant the student section started

When I cheered, the team I coach doesn't have football, we did toe touches for the number of points we had. If the score got above 30 then we did pushups or did alternating kicks. We couldn't tumble on our track as it was cinders and that would have hurt!! I love the ideas of doing a dance with the band.

We just did push ups. When the push ups got into the HIGH numbers, and they did, like, every game, we would do ripple jumps to the number on the scoreboard. I think very few times we had everyone throw like a random skill one after another.

The cheer squad at the high school I attended runs down to the end zone every time the football team scores and they do a basic stunt. They recently got a new coach so I don't know if that will stay the same.

We did a dance to the fight song with the band and the pom team at home games, and then did ripple back handsprings. Or a tuck circle if we felt like getting fancy. At away games we still did springs/tucks but we sang the fight song instead.

Jumping jacks equal to the new score. The crowd will sometimes count along and then everyone jumps and cheers at the end.

Back