All-Star Tranny Cats Fan World Shirts !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

tumblr_m3zstmnzuM1qe601o.gif

I wouldn't wear this to pride. That would is the same as wearing a shirt with “Fa**ot” to pride.

Have you ever been to PRIDE? Lol... I'm guessing not. I know in NYC Alone, we have a drill team called the Flaggots, and the lesbian parade is called the Dyke March. There are Dykes on Bikes and I'm a F*G t-shirts all over the place. Taking the power out of the words is important. Maybe you missed the post where I talked about how I am a huge lez and all my drag queen friends refer to me as a Tranny, because I am f/@;$(ing fierce. I have done drag before, and I have two FTM trans friends who don't really care about the use of the word in the sense that we're talking about it here. The word "tranny" in the lgbt cheer community is one that is synonymous with being fierce, fabulous, and talented. I think being overly militant and political about every single thing is dangerous for our community. Why don't you work on marriage equality before you get your tranny panties in a twist over a bunch of cheer homos getting together to make an imaginary team?

Tranny actually really is offensive to a lot of transexuals. I think it's being taken back over by the LGBT community and it's definitely not being used in a derogatory fashion in the cheer community, but it is, indeed, offensive to many many people. I don't like someone from outside the community coming and lecturing about us either, but I do think it's important to remember that it can be offensive.

And yes, FamousMatty, your friend should be more upset to be called by her birth name than a "tranny" because she is no longer a he and shouldn't be called as such.

Have you ever been to PRIDE? Lol... I'm guessing not. I know in NYC Alone, we have a drill team called the Flaggots, and the lesbian parade is called the Dyke March. There are Dykes on Bikes and I'm a F*G t-shirts all over the place. Taking the power out of the words is important. Maybe you missed the post where I talked about how I am a huge lez and all my drag queen friends refer to me as a Tranny, because I am f/@;$(ing fierce. I have done drag before, and I have two FTM trans friends who don't really care about the use of the word in the sense that we're talking about it here. The word "tranny" in the lgbt cheer community is one that is synonymous with being fierce, fabulous, and talented. I think being overly militant and political about every single thing is dangerous for our community. Why don't you work on marriage equality before you get your tranny panties in a twist over a bunch of cheer homos getting together to make an imaginary team?

I think you hit the nail on the head hear. By taking the words and altering their meaning to give them positive connotations is taking taking the power out of the words. 1000000 shimmies!

When derogatory terms are used against people it hurts. But when people inside that group being called as such, take that term and make it their own, it becomes less hurtful because they now have the ability to use it and joke around about it. It happens in lots of groups and communities. A few of my good friends are Jewish and they get called demeaning terms all the time but they take those terms and use them for their own laughter and they said it doesn't bother them at all anymore because they're proud of who they are.

Back