All-Star Travel Competitions And Tanning Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 25, 2015
I will be going on my first travel competition and am wondering about tanning. Since we leave 2 days before we compete and it's a 2 day competition, I'm not sure if I should tan before we leave or do it when I arrive.

So for the parents/athletes who do travel competitions a lot, what do you do? Self tan before (does it last)? Self tan when you arrive (liquids on planes?) Get a spray tan before? Get a spray tan when you arrive? Thanks in advance for the advice.

If you need to be "texas tan" or contoured, spray tan is the way to go. You can do it up to 3-5 days ahead of the event. We've frequently had a hard time fitting it in with practices leading up to big comps. If you just want a natural color, we use Rodan and Fields self tanner. It's a foam and so easy my daughter could do it herself at 12 after the first time. She uses it daily for 2-3 days leading up to a comp. It can't go through security, but is fine in checked luggage. A bottle of the stuff lasts us all season, with me using occasionally too, and it's less expensive than one spray tan. I even mix with moisturizer and use on my face. We've tried many tanning products and none are even close to as easy to apply, even and long lasting. PWSProductDetail

Definitely do a day or 2 before. If U r looking for a self tanning lotion I definitely recommend Loreal Sublime. I use it year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually tan the Thursday night before the weekend competition, and I personally use Bondi sands ultra dark tanning foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found Fake Bake gives a much better color and is far less expensive than spray tans.

If you need to be "texas tan" or contoured, spray tan is the way to go. You can do it up to 3-5 days ahead of the event. We've frequently had a hard time fitting it in with practices leading up to big comps. If you just want a natural color, we use Rodan and Fields self tanner. It's a foam and so easy my daughter could do it herself at 12 after the first time. She uses it daily for 2-3 days leading up to a comp. It can't go through security, but is fine in checked luggage. A bottle of the stuff lasts us all season, with me using occasionally too, and it's less expensive than one spray tan. I even mix with moisturizer and use on my face. We've tried many tanning products and none are even close to as easy to apply, even and long lasting. PWSProductDetail
I don't need to be 'Texas tan', just a little color on my pasty white skin would be nice. I normally use a foam, I'm just worried about it leaking in my luggage.
@cheermomforever @iskrip @quitthedrama thanks!

Back