All-Star Trinity And Cheerupdates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this is the unpopular opinion, but I don't really think what Trinity did was exactly wrong. I think it is terribly bad business and I don't see how offering that much to athletes will ever make you a profit. Even though these are kids the parents are having the final say and if it comes with "benefits", then so what? I would be hurt if I was one of the kids who wasn't good enough to get their scholarships, but I don't understand what is so morally wrong about this at all. Basically these athletes are becoming the "pros" of our sport by definition.

I did a little creepin...err recon.

Here is what Cori Davenport's husband does for a living.

Professional Service Solutions | DTI

Litigation Support, Discovery & Document Review

Leveraging best-of-breed technology combined with deep industry expertise, DTI delivers tailored, comprehensive solutions for the most complex litigation, regulatory and compliance matters.

^ This is fromthe website as a discription of what they do. Don't know if this is coming up as a link but how many lawyers do you think they have on staff?

ok can someone plz explain what is going on>? im so confused??
also who is gianni or whatever?

All-Star director at Trinity, former coach at CA, GA and a few others. Won the first Worlds with a CA team, I've been told he coached or helped coach GA Worlds team in 10', not sure what else.

Google people, it'll help you catch up.

Oh and he's male not female, just in case because that question's been brought up a lot. Although not sure if that wax this thread.

2j4rpfq.jpg

Trinity can make YOU a cheerlebrity Honey Boo Boo!

I think this all gets down to impatience. It takes YEARS to build a reputation and the athletes to field a competitive worlds team. Bottom line, I see this like the multi-billion dollar weight loss market.

The only way to do this right...with persistent success is to do it the hard way. Start small, build your OWN athletes, ramp up your schedule over the course of several years and put blood sweat and tears into marketing your program, being in the right places, building the right level teams to catch attention and (legitimately) draw athletes to your program as you go.

After YEARS of that, you 1) might get to a Lv5 that 2) might be competitive locally in its first few seasons before you ever 3) have a chance to make it out of prelims into the finals at Worlds.

I've never asked but I think if you did a straw poll with CEA, CA (both of them), TG, Gymtyme, Spirit etc...(programs that have been around and building for YEARS) you'll find that's how they got where they are today.

This whole trinity thing is the equivalent to me of someone buying some super-hyped diet pill or invasive surgery that's supposed to let them eat every hostess product left on the shelves and suddenly make them look like a CA Cheetah.

There is no quick fix. It's discipline, perseverance and time. You just can't invite yourself to the Panther Party....or steal all the elite athletes and bring the party yourself.

Besides, I've been a varsity coach (not cheer, volleyball)....teams made of nothing but cheerlebrities....I'd like to see that, because I've got money they'd get beat by a lesser talented team that works together and is devoid of individual ego.

Putting all the "best" on one team does not necessarily mean they'll be the best.

just throwing this out there, how is buying gyms any different? You named two programs in your post that have bought up a lot of other peoples hard work. just trying to play devils advocate here and keep everyone honest.

Hang on, CAmamakat . Though I get where you're coming from, and I understand the disgust, this incident did NOT ruin the sport, and this is NOT what the sport has become.
99.9% of us still live in the real cheer world, where you have to pay your comp fees and tuition, buy your own uni and shoes and warm-ups and practice wear and bows, pay for travel, and still not have a snowflake's chance in hell of going to Disney in April.
This is an isolated, unfortunate incident that just ruined Trinity Athletics. I don't see how it's remotely possible for that gym to recover from this type of foolery.
Agreed w/ pcm . Karma's a you-know-what.
I disagree a little although I wouldn't go so far as to say it ruined the sport, it is damaging publicity- My reasoning is that the general public are very good about "throwing in everyone in the same box" so to speak and making generalisations. Bad or negative publicity can have a ripple effect for others in that industry. By the same token, it can have a positive effect for competitors but in my experience this is generally only brief.

I don't think that really protects you though. Does it actually hold up in court?
If you can show actual loss arising from the breach eg. X received an email that was intended for Y, X did not delete and notify me they had received the email in error. X then used the email to do A B C causing me loss of client base to the value of $x. Prior to this ocurring I or my company had a client base of x numbers. Since X has used the email to do A B C I have lost x clients to the value of $x. That's how it would likely work in NZ anyway.

Am I the only one still thinking about Jamie offering his scholarships, sponsorships, and recruiting? Looks like someone is playing his game a little better, and he doesn't like it.

As do most gyms to an extent I am sure.

The recruiting letters sent to athletes who were already at gyms, the items promised, the letter reeked of desperation.

His behavior is speaking louder than words with this situation. Hmmm...

Back