All-Star Trinity And Cheerupdates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seriously. I went to bed early last night and missed all of this.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if Trinity was still around in two years. I've seen other gyms use less than desirable recruiting tactics, pissing off other gyms in the area in the process, and then end up in huge debt and closed within a few years.

At this point I'm willing to bet a fiercebow their level 5 team never hits the mat.....

1st off... I'm completely disgusted!!! 2nd--- so so disappointed in what this sport has become!!! Parents spend thousands for their athletes to cheer, sacrifice in most cases so that their kid can do what they love!!! This is Cheerleading! Give me a break!! I'm disgusted by Trinity! I'm disgusted by this "Cheerlebrity" crap! I'm disgusted that someone would actually want to "sue" a twitter bc he posted facts!!! This man bribed cheerleaders!! People... Really??? I will stand up before everyone & so will half my friends and say "this is embarrassing" at so many levels... For this sport we love, for the gyms thAt would never stoop to this level, to the kids that don't want to be "cheerlebrities" ... They just want to do what they love!! We are giving this way to much attention and it needs to stop! And honestly, if he wants to sue Cheer Updates.... I'm sure there are plenty of people that will stand up for the truth of this sport! Obviously some have lost their damn minds!! I've never said this before... But will say it now! College cheer can't come soon enough for me! ;) congrats to some for ruining this sport!!

Wish i could shimmy this a thousand times!!! Like is this real life????

Must've been taken down in the last 2 hours, I read it when I woke up. But let me paraphrase.....

[in your best Nellie Olsen voice and facial expressions....]

"You're a mean bully! How dare you actually share with others something I put in writing and signed my name to and willfully sent to every cheerlebrity I could think of to try and steal from their current programs with delusions of grandeur!
I'm telling my mom! And my Attorney! And the evil galactic overlord of the universe who will come down here in his spaceship and smite you for being a sorry cheerleader that's not good enough to hang out with me because you suck! And did I mention you're a bully and you're bullying me! Well, we'll see about that because I'm getting my lawyer and we're going to sue you, your friends, your mom, your preacher and your neighbor's cat and anyone else who has ever looked at your twitter and responded to anything because all of you are bullies! And you're poor! And you dress bad! And I'm going to make fun of you in court when you walk in with Wal-Mart brand shoes!

Meanies!"

That pretty much sums it up.

:cheering:

It's my Panther Party and I'll cry if I want to..I love you for this btw :p And for coaching volleyball.

So I missed the Gianni email and even though I've gotten the gist of it (threatening to sue even though he admits everything was true, nice court suits, etc)..does anyone have the original? The google doc was taken down and I need a laugh after the crazy that's been my day..
I knew that it was going to be taken down sooner or later. So I'm glad I saved it on my phone since I'm weird like that :rolleyes:

Am I the only one still thinking about Jamie offering his scholarships, sponsorships, and recruiting? Looks like someone is playing his game a little better, and he doesn't like it.

It is not just Jamie. This type of thing has gone on for years. Many gyms have done similar things to get higher level athletes to commit to their program. Bring a friend and get 1/2 off your tuition scholarships, Have a Full scholarships, double full scholarships, standing full scholarships, free unis, free comp fees, housing assistance - especially to the boys to keep that super strong coed program going. The issues are:

1) No one had been that bold to just come out and put it in writing everything they were offering like that. Mostly it would of been an athlete talking to another athlete - with full knowledge and cooperation of the coach offering the scholarship but conveniently "out of the picture" so they can say they did not recruit. Or it would be someone e-mailing a former gym membership with a mailing list they got by once being a part of that gym, of the great new offer to come try a new competitor's gym
2.) All Stars until recently have turned a blind eye and deaf ear to recruiting issues. You can look back thru all the recruiting threads over the years to see how often this was brought up and the basic response of "don't hate the playa, hate the game" mindset. It was just par for the course and if you did not like it either step up your game or do the same. Anybody remember the Fly In dramas of several years ago?
3.) Jamie attempted to linked the assistance given by an All Star program to directly benefit a High School where doing so is illegal. Personally I think that is coincidental and not consequential to the case.
4.) Hello Social Media.You can not keep these things as quiet as they once were. All it takes is either one disgruntled person, or one person bragging a little too much about what they were given and there you go. If you bragging about what you can offer and did offer, you ought to be able to stand on what you did say and do.
5.) At the end of the day it takes more than skills to make an impressive team of any level. Heart, dedication, passion, teamwork, discipline, consistency, great relationships with your peers and coaches....that is stuff that can not be bought.

Hang on, CAmamakat . Though I get where you're coming from, and I understand the disgust, this incident did NOT ruin the sport, and this is NOT what the sport has become.
99.9% of us still live in the real cheer world, where you have to pay your comp fees and tuition, buy your own uni and shoes and warm-ups and practice wear and bows, pay for travel, and still not have a snowflake's chance in hell of going to Disney in April.
This is an isolated, unfortunate incident that just ruined Trinity Athletics. I don't see how it's remotely possible for that gym to recover from this type of foolery.
Agreed w/ pcm . Karma's a you-know-what.
You are totally right & maybe I was being a bit dramatic but I'm still disgusted by alot of it! ;)

Personally, I wouldn't move out of state because my daughter is offered "free cheerleading, ect.). I guess to some people there are other things more important. Go figure!
I wouldn't move out of state no way! Some parents would let their children switch gyms that ar near by is what I'm getting at.

I wouldn't move out of state no way! Some parents would let their children switch gyms that ar near by is what I'm getting at.
I mean, my family moved this past Summer to be closer to our gym and now I'm literally in walking distance of it. But that is not even close to moving states!!! New jobs, new homes, new friends, new schools.. um, what?!

Back