All-Star True Coed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with the USASF's decision to add single base stunting to the co-ed score break-down because it pushes gyms to not just add in males for their tumbling passes although I'm not sure how beneficial that would be for the jr aged kids. Most of junior boys that we have and that compete around here are not strong enough to single base our flyers because htey haven't hit puberty yet and are some of the shortest or skinniest kids on the team.
IMO, I do think that just like they do for groups with front bases, they should devalue the difficulty of assisted single base stunts slightly to allow for true single-base stunts to get the highest difficulty score. I am interested in seeing how this affects the coed routines and see if it brings out more co-ed stunting to cover the decreased tumbling passes.

I feel pretty certain that I've heard RulesGuy shy away from the words "coed stunting" I believe the preferred terminology is "single base" That way it can be differentiated from stunts that have boys and those that have only one base.

There are 3 teams in the senior division that make me happy everytime I see a video of them with true unassited coed stunts that pop straight up (1 guy and 1 girl) Cheetahs, CEA Coed Elite, and ACX Wildjags. I understand why they are moving towards true coed stunting, but seeing it in routines bugs the crap out of me when a guy is struggling to press a girl up to an extension. To me is slows down the routine so much. These gyms need to get the guys in the weight room so that they can at least pop them straight up because the stuggle bus style press up looks sloppy.
I also will hate it when ACX, Coed Elite, and Cheetahs get around the same score for their unassited coed stunts as a team that has 2 guys under it. in my opinion those teams should out score the other teams who don't have them unassisted. Maybe they will have a higher score, but the way I understood thing is that they will basically get the same score as the other teams.

Back