All-Star Try-out And Registration Fees - How Much Are Yours?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 3, 2014
CP's gym charges $10/returning athlete and $20/new athlete for tryouts (which is one hour-long session for everyone in the age group - youth in our case). As well, there's a $150 registration fee.

This is on top of all the other costs - tuition, comp registration, uniform, practice and competition package (which includes choreography, practice uniform, makeup, music fees)

Do you have a similar registration fee? What does it cover?

Last season it was either $40 or $50 for tryouts whether you were new or not. If you stayed then that became your registration fee. If not, the gym at least received a little compensation for evaluating you at tryouts. There's a gym by us that charges $150 for their evaluation fee alone.

50 is the fee by us. More if you don't preregister. They are also charging extra if you want a private tryout about 75

$25 registration fee for new athletes only (I'm 95% sure it's only new athletes but I don't work behind the desk much).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you think of the amount of hours coaches have to put in making teams (the pictures of rays coaches going on like 24 hours straight comes to mind), i'm surprised tryout fees aren't higher. so much work goes into making teams.

also, I've seen gyms charge seemingly high amounts, but it's used as tuition as long as you stay. i like it. it's like collateral and cuts down on the suzie's trying out at X-number of gyms to see who puts her on level 5.

CP's team charges $35 for tryouts. Tryouts are two days. You go either day. I'll let you know about the cost of the registration fee when I have to pay it. Lol. Last year, I think, it was $125 but I am not sure what they are going to charge this year. Tryouts are in mid May.

CP's gym charges $10/returning athlete and $20/new athlete for tryouts (which is one hour-long session for everyone in the age group - youth in our case). As well, there's a $150 registration fee.

This is on top of all the other costs - tuition, comp registration, uniform, practice and competition package (which includes choreography, practice uniform, makeup, music fees)

Do you have a similar registration fee? What does it cover?

Try-out fee is $45, but it roles into the yearly gym fee for registration and insurance. That includes a 2 night clinic for 90 minutes each day and then a 3rd day that try-outs are actually held on.

$50 evaluation fee. Included is a month of evaluation clinic (1 per level each week).

$0
No try outs this year. In previous years it was something like $10 for new athletes and $5 for returning.

I am joining a gym as a new athlete and the tryout is free. And returning athletes dont try out.

$35 registration fee covered two 2 hour clinics for evaluations. Class participants pay a $15 annual registration fee.

Our new gym is 50 I think plus 250 registration fee that is applied towards total fees due. 150 0f that won't be refunded if you decide not to take the spot offered.

Our old gym, 35 try out fee, 100 registration due applied towards last months tuition and 10% of total fees due with first month's payment.

$50 tryout/registration fee. It's more of a deposit, because it rolls into your first month's fees when you accept your spot on the team. If you don't accept your spot and choose to go to another gym, you lose the money. I think this is really common in our area... it keeps kids from tryout out everywhere to see where each gym will put them.

We only do one hour per age group tryout sessions for new athletes, and returning athletes are not required to attend, they just need to pre-register for the season (they can still come to tryouts if they want to show anything new). The process for our staff after tryouts is really long (and sometimes painful) as we put together teams. Even as a smaller gym, it takes us 4-5 hours to figure out what mix of teams will work best for the program, and what combination of kids will make each team the most successful.

Back