Tryout Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 21, 2013
I'm new to this website and fairly new to cheer. I want to try out for an Allstar team but i'm afraid that I won't make a team with people my age who have been cheering for years or that I won't feel "welcome"?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm new to this website and fairly new to cheer. I want to try out for an Allstar team but i'm afraid that I won't make a team with people my age who have been cheering for years or that I won't feel "welcome"?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hi! My cp was also new to all star this year and I can tell you from our experience, we have felt nothing but welcome. One of the best moments as a mom this year was the night my daughter finally threw her robhs unspotted. Not because she had gained a new skill, but because her team mates, coaches, and even the other moms were equally as happy for her as I was. I encourage you to try it. Trust the coaches, they will place you on an age and level appropriate team. As the season goes on, your confidence will grow along with your skills. Good luck!

Go for it! If you have multiple gyms in your area, see if they have an open gym or free class before tryouts- this way you can sample the gym before you commit. Its scary to start an unknown, but the all star cheer community has been so great to my family in the first year! Joining Fierceboard was also the best decision made when I wanted to learn more. Good luck! :)

Go for it! What have you got to lose. I join a team this year and I was so intimidated at the thought of even going to the gym because I had never done cheer before but as soon as I was there all my fears wear gone! The girls were all so lovely and welcoming and now they are like my family <3

Back