Tumbling Legality Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2011
I would post this in legality forum but since im a noob i cant... im pretty sure 2 and a halfs are illegal but does any one know if Double full step out, round off etc... is legal?

I feel that they'd be illegal. Especially since a two and a half and a double step round off would look almost identical.

I feel that they'd be illegal. Especially since a two and a half and a double step round off would look almost identical.

Can you explain this a little more? In my mind I'm not seeing how they would look almost identical.
What I'm picturing is that in a 2-1/2 twist your body goes up and twists 2-1/2 while doing a flip (end up facing opposite of the way you came). In a double to round-off you would go up, twist twice, land in a step out (1 foot on the ground, facing the way you came) and then round off. Since you would put your foot and then hands down it wouldn't look like you did a 2-1/2, or am I not understanding something?

Can you explain this a little more? In my mind I'm not seeing how they would look almost identical.
What I'm picturing is that in a 2-1/2 twist your body goes up and twists 2-1/2 while doing a flip (end up facing opposite of the way you came). In a double to round-off you would go up, twist twice, land in a step out (1 foot on the ground, facing the way you came) and then round off. Since you would put your foot and then hands down it wouldn't look like you did a 2-1/2, or am I not understanding something?

I'm with you on this one! I don't see how they'd look the same.

Well one you cant step out of a double full....... you step out of punch fronts, arabians, 1/2s, 1.5s and so forth..... to do a double full and step out.... you must land, which means you will stop. So you wont be stepping out of it, you will be starting an entirely new pass. A step out, is a continuation of skills in the same direction.

If you are talking about stepping out in the air as in a layout step out, then yes it is legal cause you land straight and then turn. Kinda like a back walk over cartwheel. But you need to be more specific in what step out you are talking about!

Also dont cheat and start turning early cause you are already going to be performing a skill that could be called ILLEGAL if interpreted a different way!!!

If you were a real bad-booty you could land your double on one leg with the other leg stepping into the round off.

If you were a real bad-booty you could land your double on one leg with the other leg stepping into the round off.

a guy i know landed his double on one leg (accidentally) and broke his leg... lol so i would advice that!

It really depends on where you're cheering. I'm assuming you're allstar since doubles have been removed from college cheerling. But I have seen the double step-out to roundoff used in comps plenty of times, but I'd be very careful to make the half turn to the roundoff VERY obvious that it's being done on the ground. It may interrupt the consistancy of the tumbling a bit but it's better than losing points.

Back