Tumbling?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 13, 2014
So I decided that I was going to wait another season to join California all stars since it's a little too late for tryouts. I was thinking about doing tumbling classes to get me more ready for level 2-3! I've sorta got my bhs it just needs work. My goal is to get my bhs and my tuck by the next season. Is that possible or will it take years to get your tuck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you work your butt off and get into the gym 2-3 times a week at least, you'll have your ro tuck or ro BHS tuck in no time :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Don't forget to work your stunting as well. Tumbling alone does not make a level.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

So I decided that I was going to wait another season to join California all stars since it's a little too late for tryouts. I was thinking about doing tumbling classes to get me more ready for level 2-3! I've sorta got my bhs it just needs work. My goal is to get my bhs and my tuck by the next season. Is that possible or will it take years to get your tuck?

If you are tumbling 2-3 times a week with a coach, it is completely possible. Everyone progressing at different rates so for one athlete they could get it in a few months while another would struggle for a year to get it.

Keep in mind that at California All Stars tryouts you are placed based on the level that you can do all of the maxed out skills.

Level 2: Back Walkover, Standing BHS, Round-Off BHS

Level 3: Standing BHS (perfect/nearly perfect technique), Punch Front, Round-Off Tuck, Round-Off BHS Tuck (perfect/nearly perfect technique), level 3 jumps and touch touch BHS (perfect/nearly perfect technique)

This tumbling info is from the paperwork they gave out at the parent meeting. Now you know exactly what you need to make a level 2 and 3 there next season! Good luck!

If you are tumbling 2-3 times a week with a coach, it is completely possible. Everyone progressing at different rates so for one athlete they could get it in a few months while another would struggle for a year to get it.

Keep in mind that at California All Stars tryouts you are placed based on the level that you can do all of the maxed out skills.

Level 2: Back Walkover, Standing BHS, Round-Off BHS

Level 3: Standing BHS (perfect/nearly perfect technique), Punch Front, Round-Off Tuck, Round-Off BHS Tuck (perfect/nearly perfect technique), level 3 jumps and touch touch BHS (perfect/nearly perfect technique)

This tumbling info is from the paperwork they gave out at the parent meeting. Now you know exactly what you need to make a level 2 and 3 there next season! Good luck!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you are your own person. So you will work at your own level. But if you set you're mind to it you can do it. Work hard. What helped me get skills was watching others doing the skills so I can see the technique. NOTE: do NOT watch a fail tumbling video it will mess up your life. But put 1000% of your being into what you are trying to learn!

Back