Uca Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 20, 2011
It's my school's first time ever going to a UCA camp and i was wondering what oyou feel about it? like what awards you can get, if captains get special priviledges and all (im head captain), also we are a JV squad so what do you work on? also just stuff about the trying out for all-american.... thank you :) <3

I'm not a big fan of UCA camp because they focus too much on the 'cheer' side of cheerleading and how to get the crowd pumped!

I'm not a big fan of UCA camp because they focus too much on the 'cheer' side of cheerleading and how to get the crowd pumped!

i guess thts ok.. we are going to focus on school cheer and are doing another camp for our competition team with my allstar gym

i guess thts ok.. we are going to focus on school cheer and are doing another camp for our competition team with my allstar gym
Honestly, my opinion of UCA is a little different from what other high schools might think. When I attended UCA camp it was with my college team (there was one year when i did high school, college and all star cheer lol). From what I saw high school squads did get special awards like spirit stick, best jumps, best motions, most spirited etc. The college teams didn't... i went with my high school to nca that same year so in a way it made up for it.

Honestly, my opinion of UCA is a little different from what other high schools might think. When I attended UCA camp it was with my college team (there was one year when i did high school, college and all star cheer lol). From what I saw high school squads did get special awards like spirit stick, best jumps, best motions, most spirited etc. The college teams didn't... i went with my high school to nca that same year so in a way it made up for it.

How exactly were you on a HS and a college team at the same time?

[quote="

maybe she coached high school while on a college team

[/quote]

Thanks! I was reading it as being on HS, College and AS all in the same year, not as coaching all 3 in the same year! :)

How exactly were you on a HS and a college team at the same time?
No, I was never a coach lol I attended a community college my sophomore year of high school. You're only required to be 16 years old and take a minimum of one class to be on the squad. I took a night class, and practices for my college team where during the night. My all star team only practiced Sundays, and my high school team practiced right after school so it worked. I had to quit college thought because i ended up biting more then i could chew!

No, I was never a coach lol I attended a community college my sophomore year of high school. You're only required to be 16 years old and take a minimum of one class to be on the squad. I took a night class, and practices for my college team where during the night. My all star team only practiced Sundays, and my high school team practiced right after school so it worked. I had to quit college thought because i ended up biting more then i could chew!

Yeah, I would think that would be a bit much! I'm surprised your high school would allow it. Usually once you join a college team (NCAA or even club) you forfeit your HS eligibility. But I guess if your state's athletic assoc. doesn't regulate cheer it wouldn't apply.

Back